Classic Cathay Pacific at Kai Tak!!!!

VP Scheduled Division: Alan Black. General Discussion about the AirSource Scheduled Flights Division.

Classic Cathay Pacific at Kai Tak!!!!

Postby R_Aldrich » 23 Nov 2013 01:03

I have entered in the complete system timetable for Cathay Pacific for March 1998, the final schedule before the closure of Hong Kong International Airport (Kai Tak).. so break out the heavies folks, and don't be bashful.. this schedule includes flight for the Boeing 747-200,-300,and -400, as well as the Airbus A340-300, the A330 series (though I think at that time Cathay only had the 330-300) and the Boeing 777!!

So enjoy your flights and hope to see you up there!! Be Safe and Have FUN!!

AirSource is proud to announce a full schedule update for _CP Classic Cathay Pacific, United Kingdom. This schedule consists of 250 flights, 43 unique destinations, and 11 unique aircraft to fly. The flight schedule was proudly updated by flight manager Ross Aldrich. Visit the scheduled division today and search for some fresh flights flying Classic Cathay Pacific, United Kingdom. Above all - enjoy!

Safe flying and best regards,
Ross Aldrich
AirSource Flight Manager
R_Aldrich

Re: Classic Cathay Pacific at Kai Tak!!!!

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 23 Nov 2013 01:35

Thanks Ross! These classic flights add another dimension to AirSource, I know many enjoy those flights.

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 2] KMCO Orlando, Florida SKYPE:airsourceva
AirSource Pilot Number: 2

Postby R_Aldrich » 23 Nov 2013 02:56

Glad to hear it.. I like the older birds myself, and a lot of the older places too.. and I collect timetables from times gone by and so I just put two and two together, and now I can share them with everyone, not to mention preserving a bit of aviation history.

I have plenty more schedules in the works, and I may be able to take requests, depending on if I have the schedule already, or if I can readily find it..

I chose this particular schedule because I see a lot of the newer aircraft flying around out there, and wanted to give everyone the opportunity to fly on arguably the most famous approach in airline history, so for now they can do it with the modern GPS/FMC aircraft, although I also have other schedules coming that will add even more aircraft choices to Kai Tak (A320, B757, B767, B707, L1011,etc)..

So anyhow, hope everyone enjoys, and thanks to you, Roy, and all the AS staff for giving me this opportunity!
R_Aldrich

Postby R_Aldrich » 23 Nov 2013 04:14

By the way.. for any and all of you who might be interested in these flights, and want to use your PMDG/Level-D/I-Fly aircraft.. the AIRAC databases do NOT include VHHX.. However.. you can download database info to add VHHX into your FMC database for those aircraft, available here: http://www.vapap.com/kai-tak-airport they come with self installers, so no trying to decipher instructions, or file structures, etc.. for everyone else, charts are available here (including the plate for IGS 13): http://vatsim.hk/charts.php and Coordinates for manual entry into FMC's other than the 3 mentioned are here: http://www.flytampa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3105

Also, bear in mind, that these being classic schedules, all flights are into airports that were active at the time, so for example with this schedule, Chep Lap Kok is not in the schedule, and Bangkok will be to the old Don Mueang Airport, not Suvarnabhumi.. that is not so prevalent with this schedule, but I'm working on others that will be ready soon, and there won't be a Tokyo Narita, or Taipei Taoyuan, or Denver International, and so on... and keep in mind that these older airports were usually designed in the '30s and 40's with prop planes in mind, so they will be short!!
R_Aldrich

Return to Scheduled Flights Division