Searching for flights by Plane 'TYPE'

VP Scheduled Division: Alan Black. General Discussion about the AirSource Scheduled Flights Division.

Searching for flights by Plane 'TYPE'

Postby LoveSpuds » 10 Feb 2013 22:54

hi there,

as per my heading really, I wondered how my effort it would take to implement a way to search for flights by airplane 'CLASS' as well as the existing search for model of aircraft.

Just wondered as I find I am trying to cross ref planes of the same class against airline companies to find flights for the J41 JetStream. Just a thought as I would love to get a list of all flights for a given class of plane to help identify which companies fly this class of craft.

I am not expecting anything from this, I really appreciate how great this site is as it is, just a thought really,

Daz
LoveSpuds

Re: Searching for flights by Plane 'TYPE'

Postby Buckeye Roy » 11 Feb 2013 15:29

Just go to the Schedule Division search page and click on the "ANY AIRCRAFT" box and scroll down to the aircraft your looking for and a list of all the available flights will be shown. Caution!!! I wouldn't search for 737 or you may be there all day waiting. :)

Buckeye Roy
Commercial Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 17

Postby LoveSpuds » 11 Feb 2013 17:39

Thanks for coming back to me Roy, this is what I currently do, but what I was trying to explain was having a way of searching my aircraft 'TYPE'.

There weren't all that many flights to choose from for the J41 for example, so if I could search instead for all flights for DETS class aircraft I would be able to see all flights that were 'eligble' for my J41.

It was only a small suggestion and it may only me who would find it useful, thanks for the help anyway Roy,

Daz
LoveSpuds

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 12 Feb 2013 01:11

Unfortunately the type is not coded in the same database as the scheduled flights. So it would require 2 "hits" to the database just to get the aircraft data. Not to say it couldn't be or wouldn't be done in the future with some cleaning and consolidation - but for now that is the limitation we face.

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 2] KMCO Orlando, Florida SKYPE:airsourceva
AirSource Pilot Number: 2

Return to Scheduled Flights Division