Western Global Airlines

VP Scheduled Division: Alan Black. General Discussion about the AirSource Scheduled Flights Division.

Western Global Airlines

Postby Leemazz » 05 Nov 2018 07:48

Missing Scheduled flights out of KMIA

Please let me know these are not acceptable flights as i enter them and then they get deleted , i take times from flightradar24

Western Global operate one to two aircraft out of KMIA for Lan Cargo and LANCO , these are scheduled flights along with the scheduled flights they operate for UPS , Flexport and Allied Cargo .

I have access to their schedule and here is clip
Attachments
Screenshot_2018-11-05 wgatravel Schedule.png
Screenshot_2018-11-05 wgatravel Schedule.png (149.29 KiB) Viewed 81 times

Leemazz
Control Tower [Moderator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Re: Western Global Airlines

Postby Alan Black AS122 » 05 Nov 2018 17:43

Lee,

I think we've beat this one to death over the years. As we've said before, we do not consider this to be a scheduled airline and have decided that it does not belong in the scheduled DB. The place for their flights is in the Crew Pass section, and you are more than welcome to enter them over there as you have been doing in the past.

Alan

Alan Black AS122
FAA [Administrator]

Postby Leemazz » 05 Nov 2018 20:42

I dont understand how this is not an airline for the scheduled division , it makes no sense when they clearly operate scheduled flights .

Please explain because so far i see no explaination as to why

If you class this airline as a fully charter airline then why are not others for example Atlas Air ?

The reason as you say it has been beaten to death is because you have not given me or every other flight manager a reason , you cant create one rule for one airline and a different rule for an airline that is exactly the same , i can give you a few examples

Kalitta Air
Atlas Cargo
SkyLease Cargo
ABX AIr
Southern Air

Please explain how you find Western Global different from every other cargo airline on the planet .

Im not trying to start an arguement , it just makes no sense that Western Global operate scheduled flights for LAN Cargo and ABX operate scheduled flights for DHL but ABX are acceptable .

Please can somebody explain to me why iam so wrong or why im not understanding Western Global are a completely different airline as they clearly have a schedule .

Please explain to us flight managers how to tell the difference between these types of airlines because i see no difference between the above mentioned airlines , they are all the same , operating scheduled flights for other companies .

Dont post a section of the handbook because i get what a charter flight and ADHOC charter airline are you need to make clear what is a scheduled flight and what is not but must also apply to ALL airlines .

I do upload them to crewpass which are mainly military or charters for UPS and Fedex along with SkyLease , i have no problem doing it that way i just think it should be clear and not just randomly pick one airline out of the whole of the database which is how it seems .

Please do not take this as me having a go at people im not getting angry or mad i just want things to be correct , if this reply comes across as aggressive then i apologise

Leemazz

Postby Alan Black AS122 » 05 Nov 2018 22:53

Cargo airlines are always hard, and, yes, if we wanted to, we could probably eliminate them all from the Scheduled DB, but I'm sure that would affect and discourage more folks that we do by trying to allow what we can and makes sense.

To try and differentiate, let's look at a couple of examples. from your print, you quote LCO1103 as a valid WGN flight. Based on your info, it will be flown by a WGN aircraft tomorrow. Based on the history for that flight on FR24, it it normally flown by a LATAM Cargo aircraft and last flown by a WGN aircraft on June 3 of this year, and we have no info on when it will actually fly this flight again. That does not fit being a "regularly scheduled" flight.

If I take an example of an Atlas flight (GTI3001), that flight is predictably flown every day from CVG to DEN, using an Atlas aircraft. That is a very different scenario from the WGN flight above.

Like you, I don't want to get in to an argument about this. We're trying to make the best of a tough situation, and do our best to do what makes sense. We've never said these flights can't be flown, and the Crew Pass is there to accommodate them. I'm sure there are examples of cargo flights in our DB now that are no longer flown, just as we have some passenger flights from 2011 schedules that are no longer flown. If I come across them as part of an update, they will get deleted as well.

Hopefully this helps clear up what we are looking for in Scheduled flights.

Alan

Alan Black AS122
FAA [Administrator]

Postby Leemazz » 06 Nov 2018 07:13

Hi Alan your comparing one flight , still no explainatiin as to the difference between these airlines .

I will just delete the flights , please remove them from the scheduled division , for some reason which is still unexplained they are a different airline from all the others in the database ...

The only airline in the database which is not accepted as a scheduled airline but Atlas and Kalitta and so on are makes no sense and you all know it . Delete them and I will provide flights for them in the crew pass , a popular choice among pilots as well

Leemazz

Postby Leemazz » 07 Nov 2018 21:25

Can somebody please explain the difference between the airlines and Western Global Airlines because i dont see how they can be the ONLY airline to not be accepted into the scheduled division even though they operate scheduled flights .

There must be some distinctive way to explain why they cant be apart of the scheduled database .

Also explain Omni Air International , a full charter airline as stated on their website but have a schedule in the schedule division , the flights are clearly cruise charters to HNL . Also Swift Air , full charter airline ....The list goes on

Im confused as to what is acceptable .

I dont think im on my own when i ask this question as its all a bit contradictory .

Please ....Explain ??

Leemazz

Postby Leemazz » 11 Nov 2018 10:44

Can somebody give me an answer please

Can somebody explain how this works because im sure Western Global should not be the only airline deleted from the scheduled database .

Dont give me a load of rubbish that they operate charters when they operate SCHEDULED flights for UPS , Allied Air and LAN Cargo .

Im waiting for an answer like everybody else .

Or should i answer for you as EMT cant because you will have to remove most cargo airlines from the scheduled division .

you cannot remove ONE Airline from the scheduled database that is the same and operate the same as other airlines which remain in the scheduled division .....I await your answer ....EMT .....Please explain

Leemazz

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 11 Nov 2018 13:51

Leemazz wrote:Can somebody give me an answer please

Can somebody explain how this works because im sure Western Global should not be the only airline deleted from the scheduled database .

Dont give me a load of rubbish that they operate charters when they operate SCHEDULED flights for UPS , Allied Air and LAN Cargo .

Im waiting for an answer like everybody else .

Or should i answer for you as EMT cant because you will have to remove most cargo airlines from the scheduled division .

you cannot remove ONE Airline from the scheduled database that is the same and operate the same as other airlines which remain in the scheduled division .....I await your answer ....EMT .....Please explain

Lee,

Wow I've been very busy in real world and came on to see this post... it's quite a strong (even though your original post mentioned that you were not wanting to "start an argument" or come across as "going at people")… I suggest taking a few steps back, cool off a bit and maybe enter the flights as crew passes as suggested. Yah, we have gray areas - and the gray areas have always brought out discussions. But like Alan mentioned, no one is saying the flights cannot be flown. Maybe we do need to remove ALL cargo flights from the scheduled division... but time is something we all donate to this hobby and it is a finite resource - especially when dealing with a database of hundreds of thousands of flights that is constantly being updated, which even a crew of 40 hour a week workers would struggle keeping totally up to date.

I take note of your comment about others here and their concerns (we're talking about everyone else). I just checked my e-mails and did not see any with questions or concerns about this subject (or any regarding scheduled/crew pass or cargo flights). Not sure if Alan had any but surely would have let me know if so. I see no other members posting here, so is this really that much of concern to our community as a whole? Let's wait and see... this post and any other topic is always open for discussion and we VERY rarely need to lock topics. Our community is very established and mature here. This isn't the type of place that has trolling or huge blowout arguments, etc. etc. It's really just supposed to be a nice escape from that type of thing, we have enough of that in the r/w right?!

Again, I would definitely suggest posting all cargo flights/charters as crew passes. And if we continue to see others comment on this subject, then we will need to discuss what to do next - maybe that means removing all the cargo flights in the scheduled area, or whatever else it is that we all agree on as a GROUP.

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 2] KMCO Orlando, Florida SKYPE:airsourceva
AirSource Pilot Number: 2

Postby Leemazz » 11 Nov 2018 14:38

Hi Tom

Im not angry or attacking anybody personally , i will just add them as crew passes

Leemazz

Postby AS37 Norm Edwards » 15 Nov 2018 06:51

Lee, thank you for your co-operation. This topic is now closed and dealt with sufficiently by the EMT team.

AS37 Norm Edwards
FAA [Administrator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 37

Return to Scheduled Flights Division