Plan book problem.

General Discussions on anything! If you feel like chatting... hey post here!

Re: Plan book problem.

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 03 Dec 2023 20:32

Ok, it may depend on each individuals internet speed and even location depending on server load, etc. Like Joshua mentions above it is as if the script is trying to load too quickly.

Where is your main issue, is it your logbook? Because you normally use myAAS to file/PIREP a flight correct? Just trying to see where the first changes should be made if needed after trying some other things.

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 2] KMCO Orlando, Florida SKYPE:airsourceva
AirSource Pilot Number: 2

Postby HoratioWondersocks » 05 Dec 2023 14:49

AS 2 Tom Little wrote:Ok, it may depend on each individuals internet speed and even location depending on server load, etc. Like Joshua mentions above it is as if the script is trying to load too quickly.

Where is your main issue, is it your logbook? Because you normally use myAAS to file/PIREP a flight correct? Just trying to see where the first changes should be made if needed after trying some other things.

Hello Tom
I have just tried a flight search, and also checked my plan book.
After my search there were still a couple of flights missing (quite often the missing blanked out flights appear at the bottom of the results page) whether that's of significance I know not.
I then checked my plan book and I am happy to say all flights listed correctly with no blanks displayed.
I tried this for a number pages of the plan book and all was good again with no blanks.
I can say overall the select a flight and plan book pages are displaying better than they were say a week ago so hopefully your on the right track in solving this problem.

Cheers Andy

HoratioWondersocks
Instrument Rated Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Postby sonjamichelle » 27 Dec 2023 21:38

AS 2 Tom Little wrote:A few things, the crew passes use php code. We're using a really old version of php, so my intent to is install the newest version of php on the server which may even solve this issue - HOWEVER this forum uses older version of php and will not allow the newer version (for example if I just change our version of PHP to newest version right now, this forum becomes incapacitated).

So now I need to install the very latest version of phpbb forum in a test environment, but that is going to be a bear (not even sure I can move all of our forum data to the new version this one is so old!). I think though, either way we need to get to the newest versions of phpbb3 AND php... even if it means we lose our beloved older forums here and have to move to new one.

You SHOULD be able to specify what sites or sub-sites use which version of php.

I have the last php 7 on up to the latest php 8 on my server.

A couple of my sites don't like the "latest and greatest" and I keep at lest 1 ver of php7 for the couple of "hokd out" packages out there. But a "good" provider SHOULD AT LEAST passthrough this BASIC functionalty that is included in IIS, nginx and apache. If the provider says it can't be done, demand to talk to another "tech". Ifa so called supervisor or higher tier tech is saying that FIND A NEW COMPANY! AsI said, this is INCLUDED BASIC functionality. Just each package goes about doing it a different way, From poit and click easy to adding/removing lines in ini files.

Of course I do I run IIS on Win2022 with Plesk on my own HP Proliant server on our own 2.5gbs fiber connection. I stopped trusting website hosters MANY MANY MANY years ago because of all the half assed way they do things in the name of profit.

sonjamichelle
Instrument Rated Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 103

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 27 Dec 2023 23:12

Hi Sonja, and thank you for this info!
Yes, our host does allow to update the PHP version to the latest, however I cannot do that or this forum will cease functioning (already tried). It's an older version of phpbb3. So instead I am working on trying to set up a brand new version of phpbb forum so we can migrate over to that, but having a heck of a time doing the upgrade (i.e. converting users and forums/posts over to the new forums). Having to start all over on a brand new forum is not my intentions so may be a while before I can figure this all out.

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Postby sonjamichelle » 28 Dec 2023 00:51

AS 2 Tom Little wrote:Hi Sonja, and thank you for this info!
Yes, our host does allow to update the PHP version to the latest, however I cannot do that or this forum will cease functioning (already tried). It's an older version of phpbb3. So instead I am working on trying to set up a brand new version of phpbb forum so we can migrate over to that, but having a heck of a time doing the upgrade (i.e. converting users and forums/posts over to the new forums). Having to start all over on a brand new forum is not my intentions so may be a while before I can figure this all out.

I think you misunderstood. BASIC functionality should allow you to upgrade the site independently of the forum. Now that is of course you don't have a cut rate provider that only gives you one site any and all components are just subdirectories. This can also happen if the forum was just manually unzipped into a subdirectory of an existing site.

But this can be over come. Phpbb allows a forum to be backed up. You can back up thes into an archive. Then back upnyour database.

You can, hopefully with your provider 's interface create a separate sub-site for the forum with its own php ver. You can then drop your existing files into it. Providing the IP and credentials and of course name of database didn't change.

sonjamichelle
Instrument Rated Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 103

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 14 Apr 2024 02:52

We've made some more code adjustments to hopefully load the crew pass images a little better now. I still have an odd few not loading but a refresh usually brings them in.

The scheduled flights search pages (to book/plan your flights) have been changed to the legacy display format (grid type) with no crew pass images.

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Previous

Return to General Discussions