Who's Flying area gone?

General Discussions on anything! If you feel like chatting... hey post here!

Who's Flying area gone?

Postby Thumper_KJFK AS.381 » 18 Jun 2020 14:15

Good afternoon captains:
I brought a new perspective pilot over to our site this morning, and as usual I like to show off all our way cool stuff on the front home page. I was shocked to not see the links with pilots names who were up flying live. Instead, VATSIM links to pilots who are up flying, Not the live vatsim maps, just the pilots data base history. Well that's no fun to look at. What happen to our live flight area? with all that information on who, how, where, and so on including the live map. All gone?

Lost in the abyss
Gregory spivey

Thumper_KJFK AS.381
Private Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 381

Re: Who's Flying area gone?

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 18 Jun 2020 21:42

Hello Gregory,

The Who's flying is still there as long as at least one member is flying (just under the "What is AirSource" section on top right side of page). Also there was an error on the VATSIM portion of pilots flying but that has been removed. Just before I removed it, I noticed you were flying on VATSIM but not on AirSource - or at least not using myAAS. this was at UTC 21:42 18 JUN.

Here is WOrld Map (provided one or more Pilots are flying using myAAS) http://air-source.us/Operations/ActiveAS/AASImgMap.asp also linked on main page.

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 2] KMCO Orlando, Florida SKYPE:airsourceva
AirSource Pilot Number: 2

Re: Who's Flying area gone?

Postby Thumper_KJFK AS.381 » 19 Jun 2020 00:17

Thank you Tom for the explanation on why I did not see anything.
Sorry I was not doing this long haul for our airline, but there was no flight sch for the location I wanted to fly today. Yes I saw my name in that area, and that is what had confused me. Our site was picking up my VS information. And very strange to not seen any live flights, someone is always on. LOL crap, I forgot COVD19 flights have been cut back. LOL :mrgreen:

Thanks again, The 2 new pilots are having a ball. Air-Source rocks

Thumper_KJFK AS.381
Private Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 381

Return to General Discussions