Aircraft substitution

General Discussions on anything! If you feel like chatting... hey post here!

Re: Aircraft substitution

Postby Alan Black AS122 » 07 Mar 2018 01:35

Hi Steve,

I've been watching, but was holding off on replying since my division is the one where substitutions are allowed, and also, Concorde has a very limited scope in the Sched Div as it only really applies to the Classic airlines at this point.

from what I am seeing, it does seem like the guidelines are being pushed, but I'm not sure what the policy/procedures are around that, and where things go from there.

Sorry I couldn't be more help, but like I said, the question pretty much falls outside my division.

Alan

Alan Black AS122
FAA [Administrator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 08 Mar 2018 02:11

Steve,

We have had similar issues over the years. The problem is we do not want to be too strict but there are rules so that they can be followed. We need more flight police!

Incidentally, I watched this video, and it was pretty neat!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5I1Ub4sNW4

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 2] KMCO Orlando, Florida SKYPE:airsourceva
AirSource Pilot Number: 2

Postby AS37 Norm Edwards » 09 Mar 2018 04:51

My view is very clear on this and I refer to the following under rule 2.0.3.0 , in part : attempt to match as closely as possible the weight, speed, passenger capacity and range of the aircraft to that of the flight plan aircraft...

The predominant key word here is speed. There is no civilian aircraft that can match the speed of the concorde therefore to substitute a subsonic aircraft with a supersonic one breaches the rules and for those that flaunt it will find their pireps being removed, simple as that!

As Tom mentions above we don't want to become the flight police and there is a reason for that - most (and a very high %) don't flaunt or push the rules. Any flight that is reported in breach of the rules, we action it, least to say, members do report when they see something that is out of order and we action it from there.

Thanks for the posting of this issue.

AS37 Norm Edwards
FAA [Administrator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 37

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 09 Mar 2018 11:49

sprowse wrote:Thanks for the clarification Tom. Just one thing before I go, I was not policing anything or indeed anyone; moreover I never would!

Steve I know this, and that shows by the fact you did not provide details publicly (or even privately), but in a way I really do mean we need more police for those who break the rules... but that is not our intent as an organization. We do not want to set out to have to be that way but certainly if the rules are blatantly broken, we will need to take corrective actions so it doesn't ruin the experience for all.

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 04 Apr 2018 11:02

Steve,

Notification was sent to the member. The listing of flights was pointed out, and I am giving enough time for the member to review them before they are removed so that they are fully aware of the breach of rules. Please know that this is in the works.

While I appreciate the passion you have for our group here, I would also appreciate that the tone used in our forums could be altered so that it doesn't come across as a threat or otherwise negative / sarcastic manner. This is our hobby, and I agree that we need to follow the rules and just as importantly enforce them.

I am fully open to having a member on the team whom can scan the flights regularly, warn members and remove flights that are not within the regulations. Are you, or anyone else interested in this position?

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 05 Apr 2018 10:45

Steve I'll e-mail you by the weekend.

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Return to General Discussions