Flight Sim World (FSW)

General Discussions on anything! If you feel like chatting... hey post here!

Flight Sim World (FSW)

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 27 Aug 2017 23:14

So I was curious about this simulator and picked it up on sale this weekend. Pretty good sim! Of course it is a modified FSX (or maybe Flight!) engine, but Dovetail is doing a good job with it. Impressed with the feel of the flight dynamics and the scenery/shaders seem to have had a face lift too. My current FSX install still blows it away on features, etc. but that because of all the add ons I have. I tried to see if MyAAS would hook in but not quite yet... Overall it's coming along nicely and is in "early access".

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 2] KMCO Orlando, Florida SKYPE:airsourceva
AirSource Pilot Number: 2

Re: Flight Sim World (FSW)

Postby Leemazz » 13 Jun 2018 20:15

Xplane is the future P3D has restrictions

More and more addons are becoming available for Xplane 11 and it looks pretty good . I know the majority use P3D . When Rotate release their MD11 that is me i will make the jump to Xplane 11 , i currently us FSX under DX10 with cloud shadows and all that and i run it OOM free so i have no need to get P3D .

Either way both are too much to compete with and like you say with no addon aircraft it was doomed to fail , shame really , you cant beat good old FSX

Leemazz
Control Tower [Moderator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Re: Flight Sim World (FSW)

Postby ASO280 Eric Lilly » 02 Dec 2018 20:18

XPlane has a lot of work to do.. I recently purchased it.. I wanted to make the switch from P3D but found Xplane just totally nukes my computer.. It seems to be a resource hog.. I have a newer near top of the line system.. It takes forever to load, it takes forever to shut down.. The lag on frames is horrendous.. I didn't like it at all.. Deleted from computer.. Back to P3D..

ASO280 Eric Lilly
Student Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 280

Return to General Discussions