ASHA Division

General Discussions on anything! If you feel like chatting... hey post here!

ASHA Division

Postby Thumper_KJFK AS.381 » 19 Oct 2016 13:57

You do not have the required permissions to read topics within this forum. Hello crew: that is the heading I get when trying to see what's up in the ASHA forums. And when I try to see what flight there are in the ASHA Division I keep getting the CREW PASS. I am an ASHA pilot. So how come I cannot get into the forums. or open the flights area?

Thanks
Gregory AS381

Thumper_KJFK AS.381
Private Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 381

Re: ASHA Division

Postby JSkorna » 19 Oct 2016 21:39

Because the ASHA Division was closed down like 2 years ago. Now, all Humanitarian Flights are through the Crew Pass system. I do realize you have been away for some time!!

JSkorna
Control Tower [Moderator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Postby Thumper_KJFK AS.381 » 20 Oct 2016 00:59

wow. Thank you Jim.
I don't get around to do my forum reading on a regular base, I'm so busy trying to get flights in between work and work, wow 2 years...

thank you again Jim :mrgreen:

Thumper_KJFK AS.381
Private Pilot

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 20 Oct 2016 01:54

Not to say ASHA would never be resurrected though... :wink: The crew passes are a good stepping stone to a possible future if the demand was there.

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 2] KMCO Orlando, Florida SKYPE:airsourceva
AirSource Pilot Number: 2

Postby Thumper_KJFK AS.381 » 20 Oct 2016 08:44

Roger that Boss.
I may not be around here much, but I have and still do recruiter service by getting many many a pilots who join and fly hear. And one thing I do stress is try to fly some ASHA flights.
One of the newest pilot who just joined last week has been asking questions re: asha, I will relay the answer to him. Mitchell Loder AS 88
Thank you Tom, and Jim.

Thumper_KJFK AS.381
Private Pilot

Postby iang77 » 17 May 2017 19:52

JSkorna wrote:Because the ASHA Division was closed down like 2 years ago.

Yeah, it was a real bummer. Pretty much killed my interest in AirSource. But I still stop in from time to time. Big hello to all those great people I worked with over the years at ASHA!

iang77
Instrument Rated Pilot

Postby gwgardner » 10 Jun 2017 16:01

AS 2 Tom Little wrote:Not to say ASHA would never be resurrected though... :wink: The crew passes are a good stepping stone to a possible future if the demand was there.

I just rejoined AirSource after a many year hiatus from all flight simming. I am now eager to get back into it. AHSA was my 'home' with FS9, and at one point I was even an officer helping to set up humanitarian flights. So I add my vote to the 'demand' mentioned by Tom Little, to get AHSA back. I'm now going with FSX-SE.

I remember especially that there was a training period for AHSA pilots, and vaguely recall that 50 hours or 50 flights or some such were required before becoming a full-fledged AHSA pilot? (Don't quote me!). There were many training flights - I think one of the first was a flight down to Phoenix, or Tucson? Could a start towards revitalizing AHSA be bringing all those old training flights back in as crew passes?

At any rate, I for one would love to see AHSA revived, preferably with a restoration of all the old structure and training flights. I realize that there must have been some good reasons for shutting it down, perhaps lack of interest back then? (People like me not showing up.) Not enough volunteers to help creating flights, etc. Norm Edwards having to do everything?

No reason anyone should put much faith in me after such a long absence, but I volunteer to help out. I'm retired now, certainly have much more time to be involved.

gwgardner
Student Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 47

Postby Thumper_KJFK AS.381 » 11 Jun 2017 05:26

Welcome back gwgardner :D

Thumper_KJFK AS.381
Private Pilot

Postby gwgardner » 12 Jun 2017 20:10

I think I've searched the crew pass database thoroughly, and find only the New Zealand earthquake relief flights, related to ASHA. I have one more of those flights to complete. Am I missing search terms or some method for finding other ASHA fligths?

gwgardner
Student Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 47

Postby JSkorna » 12 Jun 2017 23:00

No, that's all there are right now.

JSkorna
Control Tower [Moderator]

Return to General Discussions