Crew Pass Aircraft Question

General Discussions on anything! If you feel like chatting... hey post here!

Crew Pass Aircraft Question

Postby AS550Lee » 06 May 2016 19:02

Hello all, I am posting this here as I'm not sure if the bid division forum should be used for crew pass discussions or here. So I guess that's the first question really regarding where the wonderful staff here would like crew pass topics posted?

Now on to my original thought/question. I looked in the employee handbook and see that aircraft substitutions are only allowed in scheduled division. My question regards crew pass flights and what constitutes a substitution. Meaning the following.

1. Is it considered a substitution literally if the aircraft doesn't match the pass? Example B772 vs B77L? Second example B773 vs B77W? Third example is B742 vs B744?

Mostly I fly PMDG products currently so that is the underlying question as to if a substitution is literally anything that doesn't match the crew pass or some other type of qualifier like 2 vs 4 engine or jet vs prop etc..?

Best regards,

Lee Jarmer

AS550Lee
Student Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Re: Crew Pass Aircraft Question

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 07 May 2016 02:42

Hello Lee,

The crew passes currently available are derived from our bid division (and, as we know will replace the bid division after 29 June 2016.) So, the aircraft substitution policy from the bid division currently applies for these crew passes.

There may be modification to this rule once the crew passes are implemented house-wide (and perhaps before). But for now, please follow the aircraft selection per below:

2.0.3.0 Aircraft selection
The only division in which aircraft substitutions are allowed is the SCHEDULED DIVISION. As always try to match the simulator aircraft to the flight plan aircraft. If the aircraft specified in the published flight plan is not available for the simulator, attempt to match as closely as possible the weight, speed, passenger capacity and range of the aircraft to that of the flight plan aircraft. Larger or smaller aircraft are permitted only if they qualify for runway and/or range specification. For example: If the flight plan calls for a Boeing 717 and the only aircraft available to you is a Boeing 767 (much larger), you are permitted to use the 767 as long as the arrival runway length is adequate for safe landing within 767 specifications.

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 2] KMCO Orlando, Florida SKYPE:airsourceva
AirSource Pilot Number: 2

Postby AS550Lee » 07 May 2016 02:54

Thanks Tom for the reply. I did refer to and read that in the handbook. I personally have followed this rule. I just wasn't clear on the degree of what indeed was or was not a substitution. I interpret it as being literal that's why I haven't flown a B772 crew pass with a B77L for example I just wanted to ask as it was something id looked at and just wasn't clear on.

AS550Lee
Student Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 07 May 2016 11:27

AS550Lee wrote:Thanks Tom for the reply. I did refer to and read that in the handbook. I personally have followed this rule. I just wasn't clear on the degree of what indeed was or was not a substitution. I interpret it as being literal that's why I haven't flown a B772 crew pass with a B77L for example I just wanted to ask as it was something id looked at and just wasn't clear on.

My opinion is that there will be no loss of validity if we were to use a 77L instead of a 772, no matter if scheduled, bid, or CP. However, if one were to really be technical there may be an issue of fuel shortage on a long flight or inability to carry more cargo/passengers.

Oh and we will have a dedicated forum to CP's once we expand them throughout AirSource divisions.

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 2] KMCO Orlando, Florida SKYPE:airsourceva
AirSource Pilot Number: 2

Return to General Discussions