It's been forever

General Discussions on anything! If you feel like chatting... hey post here!

It's been forever

Postby BillTheSlink » 13 Mar 2016 04:27

I just finally got a new gaming rig after the laptop I have been running since 2009 died and I am going to start flying again. That thing couldn't run squat, but after my original computer died it was all I could afford until now. Boy, have I missed AirSource. It's still going to be a few days before I can add anything to the log book. I have decided to go with the latest version of P3D since I have went back to school to retrain and can legally buy it. From what I have looked on the inter-tubes at it seems to be the best for me. It's going to be a long time before I can really amass the fancy add-ons and I know as soon as I do some better than ever sim will come out and I'll have to start all over again, but this is something I just got to do. I love flight simulation. :D

I do see from looking at my log book I have earned my 10 year anniversary award. I really should give that back since I have been on vacation since 2009. :lol: I promise to do better, at least until this machine melts down like the laptop :( Seriously, when that thing went, it went. There was smoke, buzzing, the smell of acidic spoiled buttermilk, and while I was feeling around on it it burned me. :oops: Can't say too many bad things about an El Cheapo laptop from Acer that was a dinosaur when I bought it in 2009. The thing did last. The thing started off with the launch off Windows 7, and believe it or not, it lived for a while on Windows 10. Not bad. Not bad at all.

See you guys in the pilot's lounge!
Bill
BillTheSlink
Private Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 445

Re: It's been forever

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 13 Mar 2016 12:33

Wow :shock:

Well, welcome back Bill we're happy to see that you'll be flying again!

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 2] KMCO Orlando, Florida SKYPE:airsourceva
AirSource Pilot Number: 2

Postby AS201 Joe » 13 Mar 2016 14:24

Welcome back, Bill.

AS201 Joe
FAA [Administrator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 201

Postby milo221 » 13 Mar 2016 17:54