Well i guess I'm sorry!!

General Discussions on anything! If you feel like chatting... hey post here!

Well i guess I'm sorry!!

Postby Lairyliam » 03 Feb 2016 23:09

Hello Cap-I-tans, and EMT!

Just a note to say that I'm really sorry that I keep forgetting to turn off AAS :shock: , I know in the grand scheme of things, it really doesn't matter per se given that there is a max on the ground time and it will shut me down, but I know deep down that I should be doing better.

You see I've just (3 months now I think) switched from fs9 to P3D and I'm blown away by what It is like in comparison, throw in the fact that for the last month, I've been a trip 7 captain and I have been having a blast!

10 days ago I renewed my 737 type rating with PMDG's offering (complete with FS2crew) and with it comes the option for turnarounds in under 25 mins.... and here is the problem, I'm so engrossed with beating the clock that I fail to see that big bar at the top of my screen that says AAS with the big green light, and then forget to turn it off!

Back when I actually worked for an airline, I would have chewed out any pilot that failed to post their paperwork on time.... So I guess I owe myself a good talking to! :wink: :D :lol:

Liam
AS038
Lairyliam
Private Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 38

Re: Well i guess I'm sorry!!

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 04 Feb 2016 11:55

Thanks for the report Liam and I am glad you're enjoying the new FS! I have FSX Steam edition but hear good things about the P3D too. And no worries on AAS, it happens and that's part of the reason there's a built in timer :D

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 2] KMCO Orlando, Florida SKYPE:airsourceva
AirSource Pilot Number: 2

Postby Leemazz » 05 Feb 2016 20:12

Im just making the jump to P3D V3 now

Sooooo much to install and i dont even know if it will work or i like it

Leemazz
Control Tower [Moderator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Postby Leemazz » 06 Feb 2016 23:34

I just purchased and installed P3D V3.1 and i have to say its such a dissapointment , i thought it was all singing and dancing , guess i should have looked into it a bit more .

I run FSX in DX10 and to be honest is much better than P3D

P3D in the sim just looks and feels shocking and all you really get is HDR and some weird tessalation thing , maybe it is me , i will wait for the 64bit or go for Steam , but for now i will stick with FSX

Leemazz

Postby JSkorna » 07 Feb 2016 14:59

Lee,

You can get a full refund from LM.

JSkorna

Postby Leemazz » 08 Feb 2016 18:55

Hello Jim

That is good to know , i might keep it and re-install it in the future . I just do not see much difference between P3D and FSX , only a couple of extras like the aircraft and some lighting which i can get for FSX with Sweetfx .

I dont oom and run smooth in FSX with over 500 addons installed with ASN running (great program) .

I thought to myself why change when FSX runs perfect and i dont like how P3D lucks , some pilots will love it though

Leemazz

Postby AS541-Brian » 09 Feb 2016 05:55

Actually Lee,

I find the largest difference between P3D and FSX is memory management. If you dont load up with a ton of addon scenery then FSX will probably fit the bill. But since my P3D is loaded with all kinds of 3rd party scenery and I fly usually with complex aircraft, P3D manages the VAS much better. I think thats where the difference truly lies.
AS541-Brian

Postby Leemazz » 09 Feb 2016 19:00

Hello Brian

I run FSX in DX10 with Steves fixer with VC shadows and lots of addons flying PMDG MD11 and i never OOM , infact i fly regular longhauls in to Taxi2gates Hong Kong with Flytampa Hong Kong with all sliders right with traffic everywhere and still dont oom .

I just dont feel the need to change when my FSX runs so smooth , P3D is good but it puts all the load on the graphics card and im not keen on that idea when i run an i7 on two nvidia 560ti graphics cards with three screens .

I think until i upgrade my graphics cards im more than happy with FSX .

I tell a lie a do oom at Drzewiecki Design EPWA , im sure its the gates by Sode just dont like my setup

Leemazz

Postby AS541-Brian » 10 Feb 2016 01:42

Hmmm,

Well if it isnt broke, dont fix it. Thats the best way to look at it. My FSX was causing a bevy of problems that are solved since I went to P3D, but whatever makes people the happiest...

Still dont understand the cult that is the X-Plane followers, but thats a story for another day. 8) :lol: :D
AS541-Brian

Postby Leemazz » 10 Feb 2016 19:53

Thats the good thing about it Brian , everybody is different and have different setups i mean some still use FS9 !!!

FSX just works for me and like you i tried to fix something that was not broken , i will in future go back to P3D as i think things will change and move on from FSX .

Me too never understood the X-plane thing

Leemazz

Postby Lairyliam » 17 Feb 2016 17:57

I was super happy with the Jump from FS9 to P3D 3.0/1

I built a brand new system with as much money as I could throw at it, and I jammed all the sliders to the right. (without traffic) on a default flight my system doesn't even realise it is working.

i'v used some tweaks from Robs Ainscough avsim/you tube to get the system into a good place when working the bigger addons, and I still marvel at it today. ( I don't know what half the sliders do or mean)

I wont lie, I have had some OOM's but that's more of my fault for throwing to many programs at it at the same time.

I have no experience with FSX as it never worked well on my old PC as it wouldn't run it, so cant offer the comparrison

Sorry to hear you do not think it is worth the upgrade. flying PMDG's Trip 7 into somewhere like flytampa Dubai is a real pleasure. I cant stop grinning whilst landing
Lairyliam
Private Pilot

Postby Leemazz » 17 Feb 2016 20:14

Now with the PMDG 777 is different , i fly PMDG MD11 only so i will violate the EULA by installing it to P3D which to be honest is not a biggy to me , the real problem is my Nvidia 560 cards they are simply not up for it and it just does not look realistic to me with all that hdr .

I did play with Reshade in P3D but lost interest after a while , FSX just works for me spot on and with Steves DX10 fixer it gives you all the shadows in the Virtual cockpit so not much difference in the look just how P3D uses the graphics cards more

Leemazz

Postby Lairyliam » 18 Feb 2016 19:03

I hear you man, exactly the reason I stayed away from FSX. my PC just wouldn't cope with the demand.

Happy Flying chap.

Liam
Lairyliam
Private Pilot

Postby rabhaw » 22 Feb 2016 11:01

I still run FS9.

Too many airports and a/c to replace if I moved.

I'm saving up for a dedicated sim PC, when I have that I'llconsider X-Plane and or P3D.
rabhaw

Postby Hafaza » 26 Feb 2016 23:38

I had FS back in the 90's then never had another install until I saw it on Steam for $7. I have kind of decided since I am new in the sim that I would not spend several hundred dollars building it up to a graphic point where it was still not half as good as a 10 year old FPS like Crysis or something. That being said, I am smart enough to see that what FS does well is related to system/procedure simulation so am ok with the way it looks for the short time that I have to look at at. P3D has attracted my interest, but I have not done much research into what it would bring to the table that was different from what I have. Perhaps I should....
Hafaza

Next

Return to General Discussions