Well i guess I'm sorry!!

General Discussions on anything! If you feel like chatting... hey post here!

Re: Well i guess I'm sorry!!

Postby AS541-Brian » 27 Feb 2016 06:13

Hafaza,

I have been using P3D for a couple of years now. I will tell you that it is not revolutionary, but more of an evolution from FSX. The interface is almost identical save a few things. It has a fantastic memory management system that pretty much has eliminated all of my OOM's and it also has the ability to run alot of the processing to your graphics card rather then your CPU which helps make things smoother. The shadows are fantastic as well. The clouds shade the ground, and the sun changes in the cockpit as you move which is also neat eye-candy.

There are still some downsides of course. Its still 32 bit, and unless you have an epic machine, you need to keep the sliders kind of in the middle. Alot of FSX addons are compatable, but you need to check the EULA to verify that it is legal of course.

I wont make the move to X-Plane as it appears you need to overhaul the whole system with addons just to bring it up to FSX/P3D standards, and I do not like the interface. But P3D is worth looking at if you dont have hundreds of dollars invested into addons for FSX. Thats my 2 cents.
AS541-Brian

Re: Well i guess I'm sorry!!

Postby Hafaza » 27 Feb 2016 17:40

Thanks Brian!

I would probably have to upgrade my gaming computer so I am on the fence since it works fine for what I play at the moment. (Ivy Bridge i5 3570K OC to 4.4ghz - 16g Memory - GeForce GTX 670). I am due to go off traveling on a contract job soon for 3 or 4 months so will leave it be for now. When I return all flush with cash and time might be the time for a switch. I am sure I will post here for advice at that point. I am interested based on the stuff I see smattered around the net...
Hafaza

Previous

Return to General Discussions