Routefinder

General Discussions on anything! If you feel like chatting... hey post here!

Routefinder

Postby AS267 Rob » 17 Jan 2016 00:24

Hi all,
I am not posting this to knock Routefinder or any other Flightsim program that helps us get from point A to point B, it is purely my observation.
In real life I fly very regularly in Australia, particularly between Sydney YSSY and Cairns YBCS.
I will not go into all the specifics, but the basic real route after the YSSY SID is Richmond, Roma, Townsville, Biboorha, Cairns STAR , YBCS.
With Routefinder, I find that it takes you to far west of the real life track, e.g. YSSY, KAT which is west of Richmond, then back to Richmond, if you look at the Australian AIP, you will see what I mean.
There are many more discrepancies along the route which I will not go into here but Routefinder has you approaching Cairns YBCS from a more westerly direction where as real life you approach from the south.
I like to fly my sim as accurately as possible and do make the necessary adjustments on the FMC.
What I would like to ask is how do others find Routefinder for accuracy in the rest of the world ?

Thanks for reading
Rob
AS267 Rob

Re: Routefinder

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 17 Jan 2016 17:35

I like to find a real world flight then copy the route they used:

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/JST9 ... /YSSY/YBCS
note the ROUTE in the flight data area: DCT TESAT H202 RIC H76 NBR H105 HACHI Q165 VOMPA Q499 BIB J64 CS

Or, go to skyvector.com https://skyvector.com/
then click on link top left where it says FLIGHT PLAN.
then plug in YSSY - YBCS in the flight plan and make sure flight level is above 190 or more, then click on where it says ROUTES.

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 2] KMCO Orlando, Florida SKYPE:airsourceva
AirSource Pilot Number: 2

Postby AS541-Brian » 20 Jan 2016 14:16

I find that PFPX (Payware) actually works pretty well.

I have noticed flightaware doesnt always have the plans outside of the USA. But thats just my observation.
AS541-Brian

Postby AS267 Rob » 20 Jan 2016 22:50

Thanks for the replies,
For freeware I am finding that Flightaware is the best for IFR Hi.
I have experimented with it for the USA , Australia, New Zealand and South pacific area and find that the route waypoints are displayed for the flights that have previously landed, which is great for your flight planning and FMC programming.

Rob
AS267 Rob

Return to General Discussions