Opinion for FS9/FSX weather and B737 for FSX

General Discussions on anything! If you feel like chatting... hey post here!

Opinion for FS9/FSX weather and B737 for FSX

Postby AllanH » 24 Aug 2015 14:56

Hi all,
just asking for advice or opinions for a weather programme to use in both FS9 and FSX.
Also I use PMDG 737's in FS9 but are there any opinions for FSX between PMDG and iFly.
Thanks
Allan

AllanH
Private Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Re: Opinion for FS9/FSX weather and B737 for FSX

Postby cbrdriver » 25 Aug 2015 14:03

I love the iFly 737, and I've spent many hours flying her. I would even dare to say that in FS9, the iFly surpasses the quality of the PMDG. Maybe you would agree, but the NGX isn't a different chapter, it's a completely new book.

The iFly in FSX feels almost like it's the FS9 version made to work for FSX. That may be exactly what your looking for, but the NGX is a step father into immersion (forgive the use of that tired word, but I can't think of a better word for it)
The detail brought to you by the NGX is amazing. There are a few things that you'll have to relearn, but in my opinion, it's worth it, and the NGX is the way to go.
cbrdriver

Postby JSkorna » 27 Aug 2015 20:21

For weather, Active Sky Evolution will work well for both sims.

JSkorna
Control Tower [Moderator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Postby AshleyW » 28 Aug 2015 13:34

I was told on a fshopto server that default FS9 and FSX has been discontinued for a few years.
Why then, when I activate it does the weather show real? Rain at my home airport yesterday.
Fire up sim with clear weather. Set WX settings to "Download Real Weather" and suddenly I get rain and
winds in the sim that almost matched the METAR from http://www.aviationweather.gov/adds/metars/

If anyone knows a good WX FREEWARE please send me a link - Oh and Radar too! :D
AshleyW

Postby kingsak » 09 Sep 2015 15:22

I have FS9 and FSX - it will show real weather if you set the correct website, Just because MS no longer supports does not mean it won't work. Look up the NOAA site for port address.
BTW, Was nice to fly with you - not many girls come here
:)
kingsak

Return to General Discussions