AAS "On top" ???

General Discussions on anything! If you feel like chatting... hey post here!

AAS "On top" ???

Postby OlDoc39 » 27 Jul 2014 00:23

In the "Settings" menu of the AAS there is a place to check whether or not you want the active AAS menu to stay on top.... Does this mean on top of the active Flight sim window or ??? I am running FS2009 on a Windows 7 machine and when I check the box for AAS to remain on top-- it only remains atop my desktop and does not appear on top of my currently active FS window so at the end of the flight or when i want to pause I find myself using the Windows key to switch in and out of the active FS window and my desktop---. Is there a way to make it appear at the top of my active flight window?

By the way, to my Mentor Tom L.: It's great to be back after almost a two year leave. We finally are "all-in" at our new house and most of the fix-it persons are finished tinkering, and its a real pleasure to be back in the Air Source skies :) .

Doc

OlDoc39
Student Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Re: AAS "On top" ???

Postby AS201 Joe » 27 Jul 2014 11:36

Hi Richard-

I find myself using the Windows key to switch in and out of the active FS window and my desktop

Are you running Flight Simulator in full screen mode? As far a I know, you can't have a window over a full screen application.

or when i want to pause

AAS will automatically detect the pausing/un-pausing of Flight Simulator.

Just guessing you are using myAAS2. I think V1 would still be the same.

AS201 Joe
FAA [Administrator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 201

Re: AAS "On top" ???

Postby OlDoc39 » 28 Jul 2014 23:49

Many thanks Joe, learned something new and very much appreciate the help.

Doc

OlDoc39
Student Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Return to General Discussions