General Discussions on anything! If you feel like chatting... hey post here!

Postby HoratioWondersocks » 29 Mar 2014 17:16

Hello All

I am afraid the brief window of quick and easy log ins and site navigation(last week) has gone again .
I realise and except entering my log in and password to get to the flights section.
But I am now finding that once into scheduled flights I am even getting the log in /password message having reviewed maybe a page or two of flights.
The overall speed of the site (logging in for the first time to home page for instance can sometimes be fairly quick) but navigation within A.S. is generally very slow.
Anyways some thoughts, i hope you can resolve these issues

Cheers Andy
PS
If it's any use to you I am UK based.
How is the site performing for U.S. and other Airsourcers Worldwide.

HoratioWondersocks
Instrument Rated Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Re: Log in problems(part two)

Postby Neil B » 29 Mar 2014 19:42

Andy,

I'm UK based and having exactly the same problem. I can live with the speed issues but it's becoming really really frustrating to get into the scheduled flights, look at one maybe 2 pages and then be kicked back to the login screen most times

Neil B
Private Pilot

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 30 Mar 2014 02:01

Hmm, I am not able to replicate this issue. If using ie, press F12 then in the CACHE menu clear cookies for this domain, and clear cache for this domain. See if that helps?

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 2] KMCO Orlando, Florida SKYPE:airsourceva
AirSource Pilot Number: 2

Postby HoratioWondersocks » 30 Mar 2014 09:00

Hello Tom.

Iam wondering if this problem has anything to do with world time zones and traffic?
Have just logged into AS at 09.47 GMT and everything was quick and slick .Logging in and scheduled search,no problem.
I find that the slowness problem seems to be a P.M thing .If I am after an evening flight ,I tend to log in at approx 5 to 6 PM (U.K) and this is when the great sloth begins .

Anyways can't do the F12 cache thing with my Android tablet. It is F12 less.

Cheers Andy.

HoratioWondersocks
Instrument Rated Pilot

Postby HoratioWondersocks » 30 Mar 2014 09:11

Hello

Have just tried Bid flight section at 10.00 A.M. UK (GMT) and that too was lightning fast to load at this time.

British Summer time started today (hoorah!) This event will surely solve the great sloth, :D or at least make it more palatable as we bask in the blazing Sun and warmth of the U.K. Summer. :mrgreen:

Socks..

HoratioWondersocks
Instrument Rated Pilot

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 30 Mar 2014 10:56

Although it is best the site always loads fast :lol: my main concern in this topic is the login issue. Please force logout through your tablet (link is your name in top right area of page on the AS website) and login again. See if that helps. Do you go between tablet and PC and stay logged in? **No need to force logout here in the forums, those seem to be working for you.

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Postby Neil B » 30 Mar 2014 14:50

Well I'm pleased to say Tom's suggestion to clear the cache and cookies appears to have worked for me - no problems getting thrown back to the login so far today.

Thanks

Neil B
Private Pilot

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 30 Mar 2014 16:16

Neil B wrote:Well I'm pleased to say Tom's suggestion to clear the cache and cookies appears to have worked for me - no problems getting thrown back to the login so far today.

Thanks

Hope that clears the problem. There also should not be any problem using one computer or another, it's just the way each system handles cookies I'm afraid. So on Android I am curious to know if users are being locked out or forced to login all the time?

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Postby HoratioWondersocks » 31 Mar 2014 14:26

Hello Tom
I rarely use my PC any more for general internet tasks. I much prefer my cheapo tablet (NOOK which uses the Android OS)
My PC is now only used for FS.
Anyways I found in replying to this thread ,I got through to the forum and individual topics (this topic)with no problem.But when I tried to make this reply, I was forced to log in again.
On a more positive note I don't seem to be getting the re-log in notice on flight searches (which was happening before.)
All these log in and slow site problems occurred using my Android Nook Tablet

Cheers Socks

HoratioWondersocks
Instrument Rated Pilot

Postby HoratioWondersocks » 31 Mar 2014 16:13

Update!!!!Could be placebo ,but here goes.

This afternoon 17.00 pm UK
I tried to log in again to AS to select an evening flight.
Unfortunately the usual scenario ....ages and ages of nothing happening ,a no log in situation.
Anyways gettng tired of waitng ,i thought i would take a look at Firefox (Android version )settings.
I came across an option to clear/clean various settings.I selected only to clear cache.
I then tried again to log on ,and this time (only a few minute's after my last failed attempt)page opening was almost instant ,and nearly as quick where the opening of both Bid and Scheduled flights.
Will let you know whether this continues.
Does this sound a plausible solution.
Haven't clean Firefox cache before.
Cheers Andy

HoratioWondersocks
Instrument Rated Pilot

Return to General Discussions