Web page Dead SLOW LOADING. THERE IS A PROBLEM.

General Discussions on anything! If you feel like chatting... hey post here!

Web page Dead SLOW LOADING. THERE IS A PROBLEM.

Postby Thumper_KJFK AS.381 » 04 Mar 2014 14:06

Well it only took 21 min for the log in page to show then another 37 min after I had clicked the log in button...I don't think I have to keep going on about how long each element took to load in each section.
This started about the end of last month just a few days ago. I fly Late at night 0000h est so I had thought that you guys were working on Server. This also affects the myAAS2 PIREP Pain painstakingly slow on each page. Again I just thought you guys were working on server.
I cannot get to what I need to this morning It is going on 1 hour I cannot load flight sch page. THERE IS A PROBLEM.
Forums site has no problem at all. Fast loading Fast log in.

Thanks Server Dudes on any help to this tiny hic cup :)

Thumper_KJFK AS.381
Private Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 381

Re: Web page Dead SLOW LOADING. THERE IS A PROBLEM.

Postby Greg AS#147 » 17 Mar 2014 14:28

I am a HUGE supporter of Air Source, but I do have to agree. The server has gotten painfully slow. It to just took me over an hour to book one flight to my Plan Book to fly. Now, I do have time to kill, but this is quite a long time. I am hoping that it is just a server glitch, but this is getting real long. Seems to be longer every time I try to get somewhere on the website. Let's keep our fingers crossed and hope it will speed up soon.

Greg AS#147
Instrument Rated Pilot

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 147] AS Pilot #147 Burlington, Ontario, Canada
AirSource Pilot Number: 147

Postby TerryW » 17 Mar 2014 18:12

I've been having the same problem....happened on occasion for last year, but is now pretty much to a dead stop for me this past month or so. Use both IE11 and Chrome...same results with both. MyAAS v2 won't, or can't submit my PIREPs, and takes hours to get on the site and manually file.

Great fan of this site as well....hope the gurus can sort it.

Terry Wright
AS86
TerryW

Postby Thumper_KJFK AS.381 » 18 Mar 2014 02:44

Hi Greg, and Terry and Crew:
I spoke to Tom Little on this problem via email, This is an Edit re post I hope this helps explain what is going on... If you would like to also look at what Tom and I were talking about, Ping Plotter is a very small and easy FREE program that will let you Look at how your signal is routed around the world and the lag times between those points with a total give for the round trip. I find it amazing how far the data travails just to go across the street let alone from one State to another. Below is the Edited email response between Tom and myself.

T.Little
To Gregory Spivey
Mar 11 at 9:10 PM
Hello Gregory,

My email to Tom re: another subject that I had edit out for this post:
Hi Tom:
Also did you read my post re: the slow response on our site late at night/early morning. Strange at is my seam, I have no problem during peak daytime hours, very fast loading. It is only during late night hours that is seems to SLOW down to a crawl including the myAAS2 system. I am on the east coast near KJFK. I ran Ping Plotter to see if it was do to network lag and to see just where that lag was. All was green just very long delays across the 4.69.158.9 ae-103-3503.edge2.Chicago2.Level3.net with over 500+ms delay round tirp. all other hubs are 0-200ms. Right now as I post this no problems very good ping times. 2045h est. i ran the test.
take care and thanks.
Thumper_KJFK AS.381 - Executive Director Gregory Spivey

This was the reply from Tom:

And yes we have been having slow periods. This is one downfall of shared servers. I take the good and bad average, and even though lately is has been bad, overall uptime and speed has been pretty decent these past 2 years. Our hosting account expires later this year, and I have been looking at some other hosts (much less expensive than the one we have now) so hopefully we will have better response with them.

Thank you for looking into the ping times, and feel free to report any other findings that may interest us or help identify issues.

Talk soon!
Tom

Thumper_KJFK AS.381
Private Pilot

Postby Greg AS#147 » 18 Mar 2014 03:54

Thanks. I have been here going on 11 years this June. We have had these problems before and Tom and the crew always come through. I am always patient when this occurs. I guess that I am flying more then usual, since I am off for a month..lol, that I notice it more. I am not complaining at all. I was just posting as well to say that I noticed that it is painfully slow....lol. I really need to get back to work, but still have 3 weeks to go before I return. I just have to remember to have some patience, that's all...LOL. I have a lot of respect for the management team here at Air Source, as they have lives outside of Air Source. They take their time to make a GREAT place for us to enjoy our hobby on their own personal time, so to deal with a wait, no problem.

Greg AS#147
Instrument Rated Pilot

Postby Thumper_KJFK AS.381 » 18 Mar 2014 04:59

Thanks for the reply Greg:

Yes I agree with you 100%. I am still very Happy flying for our company AS. It was my very first VA that I was brought over to and learn how to really fly online way back in the early days of AS. By the way I miss the large groups who used to be on the old TS while flying. I fly for 3 other airlines, but this one will always hold great to my hobby of flying.
Funny when I think of how I got hear. A bunch of guys who share the other hobby of Railroad simulators were the ones who got me to sign up at AS. It was not an easy thing to Transition from flying desktop only, to the world of online, Multiplayer, real flight rules and finally flying pro payware. Looking back AS, and Flight simulators sure have come along way.
My little desk top joy stick and monitor has also come a long way. My wife thinks I spend way too much time locked up in my room :) LOL

Thumper_KJFK AS.381
Private Pilot

Postby TerryW » 18 Mar 2014 12:46

Well, that was a pleasant experience....was able to enter the site, peruse the forums, book several flights. Flew the first one, and, using the just-released MyAAS2, I can report that the PIREP went lickedy-split with no problems. Seems something got fixed....thanks so much!

Just a bit of feedback for the web gurus....all the best,
Terry
TerryW

Postby Buckeye Roy » 18 Mar 2014 14:05

Thumper,

Looking at your setup, I can't imagine what your wife is talking about. :roll: You can never have enough monitors. Just make sure to buy her some flowers occasionally. :wink:

Buckeye Roy
Commercial Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 17

Postby AS37 Norm Edwards » 18 Mar 2014 15:25

I've been monitoring the posts over the last few weeks and I have to say that where I am (in the Middle East) I haven't had any speed issues in pages loading... this is therefore perplexing where some users do have problems and others don't - it's not particularly easy to then nail down where the problem lays. Could be a number of reasons, like time on line, users on the net etc. Whatever the reason as Tom suggests, as we get closer to when we renew, it can be looked at more closely.

AS37 Norm Edwards
FAA [Administrator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 37

Postby Buckeye Roy » 18 Mar 2014 15:59

I guess I'll pack up my computer and bags and move to Muscat. :wink: I could handle a little warm weather after all this cold weather we've been having. Actually, the web seems to be working just fine right now. Maybe the lines have been frozen, just like everything else around here. Only a couple days away from spring. :D

Buckeye Roy
Commercial Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 17

Postby Thumper_KJFK AS.381 » 18 Mar 2014 23:01

In deed Norm, and Roy:

Last night/today I have had spotless connection on AS. As I did point out that there are no two days that are the same, it was the last two weeks last month that was killer slow all the time and down right click an element in webpage and go cook your meal and take a shower type of connections. And I still flew every day in online mode via myAAS2 and never lost a PIREP.
So as far as I see it we all got to know each other a little closer, that's a plus, Buckeye Roy my wife have invited you to view the Rest of the house that my other hobbies took over then make the same statement. One cool thing I love about her is she has stuck with my crazy adventures meeting other wives who have this so called Hobby Husband Problem. :P is what I say about that.

Oh oh, her comes the Chief of the Boat now...got to run to the mall this must be the 4th call ''lets go honn''

Thumper_KJFK AS.381
Private Pilot

Postby Greg AS#147 » 19 Mar 2014 14:31

My little desk top joy stick and monitor has also come a long way. My wife thinks I spend way too much time locked up in my room :) LOL

LOL...I know the feeling, except my wife likes it when I go down to my room. Keeps me out of her hair...lol. Though, I don' t have quite the set up you do, I have come a long way from just a desktop setting as well...LOL

Greg AS#147
Instrument Rated Pilot

Postby HoratioWondersocks » 19 Mar 2014 16:26

Hello All
I find its not just AS that has this problem of web page slowness.Both the other 'majors' AVSIM (in particular ) and FScom (to a lesser extent )suffer from this reluctance to load pages syndrome.
Can be very frustrating , they get there in the end, but each day you wonder 'how will it be today' .

Cheers Andy

HoratioWondersocks
Instrument Rated Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Postby Leemazz » 19 Mar 2014 19:59

Avsim is shockingly bad , I use flightsim.com now much better

Leemazz
Control Tower [Moderator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 19 Mar 2014 22:00

Might be a bad relay somewhere, which would make sense as to why Norm is getting our site good? Norm, how good/fast does AVSIM pull up for you?

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 2] KMCO Orlando, Florida SKYPE:airsourceva
AirSource Pilot Number: 2

Next

Return to General Discussions