DHL question

General Discussions on anything! If you feel like chatting... hey post here!

DHL question

Postby HoratioWondersocks » 05 Jan 2014 17:22

Hello All

Does DHL (other than the two Latin American operator's listed by AS ) go by another name.?.Excuse my ignorance but I don't see it listed in the schedules.

Cheers to all
Andy

HoratioWondersocks
Instrument Rated Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Re: DHL question

Postby Leemazz » 05 Jan 2014 19:35

Yes there are a few to be honest in Europe its EAT European Air Transport , also ABX operate a lot of flights for DHL . India is Blue Dart .... I think , plus other airlines like Allied Air Cargo in Nigeria

Leemazz
Control Tower [Moderator]

Postby HoratioWondersocks » 06 Jan 2014 17:20

Thanks Lee
I'll check to see if any flights are available under those names you've supplied.
Belated new year greetings.

Andy

HoratioWondersocks
Instrument Rated Pilot

Postby Alan Black AS122 » 07 Jan 2014 16:54

Also, if you are looking for the US flights, check out Capitol Cargo (CCI). They took over alot of the DHL flying in addition to ABX. Of course I say that knowing it is short term around here, since I am working on an update I expect to have out within a day or to, and CCI are no longer doing it, Air Transport Intl (ATN) have taken it over. One or the other of those will have some of the US flights though, since obviously I won't delete the CCI flights until the ATNs are uploaded.

Alan Black AS122
FAA [Administrator]

Postby HoratioWondersocks » 12 Jan 2014 12:50

[quote="Alan Black AS122"]Also, if you are looking for the US flights, check out Capitol Cargo (CCI). They took over alot of the DHL flying in addition to ABX. Of course I say that knowing it is short term around here, since I am working on an update I expect to have out within a day or to, and CCI are no longer doing it, Air Transport Intl (ATN) have taken it over. One or the other of those will have some of the US flights though, since obviously I won't delete the CCI flights until the ATNs are uploaded.[/quote

Thanks Alan
There are indeed some flights by ATI and of the sort of distances I like.
So I will give those a go.

Cheers Andy

PS no flights by the other airlines mentioned in the 900-1000
mileish range I regularly fly.

HoratioWondersocks
Instrument Rated Pilot

Postby Leemazz » 12 Jan 2014 20:32

Hi Andy I have tried to update European Air Transport before but its near impossible to get the flight details the UK flights are pretty much available to be added to the DB

Leemazz
Control Tower [Moderator]

Postby HoratioWondersocks » 29 Jan 2014 16:47

Lee and Alan

Thanks for your tips re-DHL .Have found many flights via your suggestions for alternative airlines not DHL in name but DHL in actuality.

Cheers Andy

HoratioWondersocks
Instrument Rated Pilot

Postby Alan Black AS122 » 30 Jan 2014 01:09

No worries... Glad you're enjoying them.

I've been a cargo junky for a while since my local field is mainly just cargo and GA only. And I've watched the many iterations of DHL through the years as we used to get DHL & Airborne Express birds, then Airborne turned to ABX, then the ABXers got painted DHL yellow, and then finally they quit coming and we're down to a subcontracted Shorts flying here from SFO. Luckily UPS still loves us ;-) I see about 10 flights/day in a combo of 757/767/A300, so we still get some nice metal down here (and some nice composites too when Boeing send us the 787 on test flights as well :lol: )

Alan Black AS122
FAA [Administrator]

Return to General Discussions