P3D

General Discussions on anything! If you feel like chatting... hey post here!

P3D

Postby Leemazz » 13 Dec 2013 21:35

Well about 3 years ago I posted Prepare 3d will be the next simulator and it is looking that way with the latest version V2 looking really impressive .

I have decided to give it a go so far I have got all my addons to work and not one single OOM , only problem is the dreaded BSOD (black screen of death) which is a real pain

Leemazz
Control Tower [Moderator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Re: P3D

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 14 Dec 2013 02:10

Interesting, Lee. So when you mention "all addons", does myAAS work with it?

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 2] KMCO Orlando, Florida SKYPE:airsourceva
AirSource Pilot Number: 2

Postby Leemazz » 14 Dec 2013 09:03

It does Tom yes , I have not recorded a flight yet but it connects to the simulator with no problems

Leemazz

Postby R_Aldrich » 14 Dec 2013 11:56

Lee, how'd you get AAS to connect?? I haven't run across the BSOD, but, I can't get AAS to connect, lol...

and yes, P3Dv2 is very nice.. holds my lock at 25 FPS with everything I have thrown at it.. had a small burp brought it down to 18 once, but only once.. though I haven't thrown my ORBX NA stuff in yet... but full HD REX, and even my Blueprint airports, which are notoriously hard on frames, (and NYC is my frame killer, with Aerosoft Manhattan, MSE NY, Conn, and NJ, Blueprint KJFK, Imaginesim KLGA and KEWR), isn't bothering it in the least.. so, it seems to live up to the hype :)
R_Aldrich

Postby Leemazz » 14 Dec 2013 12:56

Make sure you install FSUIPC and it seems to connect ok .

AI Traffic programs wont work or cause issues with saving or loading flights and certain wether programs give temps at 75C

Leemazz

Postby R_Aldrich » 14 Dec 2013 16:51

got it working... I must have messed up with FSUIPC.. reinstalled it and all was good :)

Haven't worked on any traffic yet, but I think I read somewhere that Flight1's UT was the only thing actually having problems, because of the goofy way they set it up.. installing my WOAI or my RetroAI stuff should just be a matter of copying files.. but we'll see... and I spent the extra $5 for the P3D licence in REX, and it works great..
R_Aldrich

Postby Leemazz » 22 Dec 2013 17:01

Its not as compatible as I thought to be honest , ive had a problem getting it to save flights fixed that one .

Imaginesim VHHH , WSSS don't work along with Wing Creation RJAA which Iam gutted about they are probably my most used airports in FSX

Leemazz

Postby Leemazz » 23 Dec 2013 10:37

I think im done with it to be honest not the product I expected , its so unstable all you have to do is change airports and it crashes no online weather its only themes and the water is terrible .

The only noticeable difference from FSX is cockpit shadows and FS9 AI with shadows on don't disappear , shame really its no FSX even without the OOMS

Leemazz

Return to General Discussions