My Memory is failing me.. ;-)

General Discussions on anything! If you feel like chatting... hey post here!

My Memory is failing me.. ;-)

Postby Alan Black AS122 » 19 Oct 2013 14:43

OK... so I had to take a 6 month hiatus from flying while our renovations on the house were being done and I just started flying again last week. What I'm finding is that I'm too old to take a break that long and certain things appear to have left my mind ;-) I can't seem to remember for the life of me what keystrokes I used to press to get the autopilot to follow my flightplan and make the turns automatically for me. So for now, I having to sit here constantly, watch the heading and make corrections for the entire flight

Can anyone help straighten me out and give me the command?

Thanks.....

Alan Black AS122
FAA [Administrator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Re: My Memory is failing me.. ;-)

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 19 Oct 2013 22:25

Alan, I'd help if I could but I also have no idea LOL

But I figured it would be nice to just say hello!

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 2] KMCO Orlando, Florida SKYPE:airsourceva
AirSource Pilot Number: 2

Postby Alan Black AS122 » 20 Oct 2013 02:19

Shows how out of touch I am on this... I had it in my head it was an FS function and was going nuts trying to find it. On my way from JFK-SEA, somewhere above North Dakota, I started searching the FSCommander forums and found my answer... "Autoheading" on the GPS window. Now I can go grab a drink without worrying about coming back and being 10nm off course ;-)

Alan Black AS122
FAA [Administrator]

Postby HoratioWondersocks » 20 Oct 2013 17:13

Hello Alan
There IS a way of getting your plane to follow a flight plan with standard FS commands. I haven't used it for awhile as I use FSNav to control my flights. I seem to remember that to get auto course following within FS9 you have to make sure that your NAV/GPS button is set to NAV. Then you have to select the NAV option on your autopilot .Following these procedures will cause your aircraft to automatically follow a flightplan, no FSNav/Commander etc required.
I THINK :roll: this is correct.

Cheers Andy

HoratioWondersocks
Instrument Rated Pilot

Postby R_Aldrich » 22 Oct 2013 15:58

that is correct Andy, and to get the actual keystrokes, go to the settings-->controls window, and then use the drop down menu to select the autopilot functions, and that will list the keystrokes.. by default, the GPS/NAV switch has no key command, but you can assign one to it (I use CTRL+SHIFT+N)...

hope this helps :)

Ross
R_Aldrich

Return to General Discussions