penalty dollars

General Discussions on anything! If you feel like chatting... hey post here!

penalty dollars

Postby vamac53 » 02 Aug 2012 01:40

Guys,

I always fly scheduled flights. The one time I signed up for a asha mission, real life popped up and bit me in the butt. I was not able to make said flight, and I was penalized like $80,000.00. I think that is a bit steep. At a now salary of $60 per hour, I will NEVER be able to pay off that fine. Why should I continue with this????? I dont get it. What am I missing?

Mike # 549
vamac53

Re: penalty dollars

Postby iang77 » 03 Aug 2012 15:06

Mike,

Sorry that no one has gotten back to you on this issue yet. The penalties are pretty stiff... I guess that's to make sure that bids aren't hoarded, which allows everyone gets a chance to fly. Not saying that was your intention, but that's the reason for the financial penalty.

In practical terms, your negative balance should not affect your ability to fly in the scheduled division. The only thing this means is that you won't be able to buy virtual stocks, nor can you fly within the GA division, as both require you to pay cash.

Hang in there, and keep flying. You may look at the bid division, which I believe offers higher pay rates. Keep in mind there is a penalty for booking a bid and failing to fly it before it expires. You can return bids without penalty, though.

iang77
Instrument Rated Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Postby vamac53 » 06 Aug 2012 15:16

Thanks for reply.. I have been flying despite my huge negative account.... It's just that, when you get a paycheck, you want to see your bank account go up, not credit against an amount that can never, ever get to zero... PENalty was/is too high... needs to be rethought
vamac53

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 16 Aug 2012 11:32

vamac53 wrote:Thanks for reply.. I have been flying despite my huge negative account.... It's just that, when you get a paycheck, you want to see your bank account go up, not credit against an amount that can never, ever get to zero... PENalty was/is too high... needs to be rethought

Well we just started the annual "VATSIM Audit" have a read on this topic - if you're not a VATSIM member, may want to consider? viewtopic.php?f=23&t=5992

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 2] KMCO Orlando, Florida SKYPE:airsourceva
AirSource Pilot Number: 2

Return to General Discussions