New flight sim?

General Discussions on anything! If you feel like chatting... hey post here!

New flight sim?

Postby jcam89 » 09 Jul 2012 16:58

Anyone seen or heard about Virtual Pilot 3D? I have been doing research on the net and have yet to find anything really negative about it. I will always have MSFS on my system but is there really any competition out there?

jcam89
Student Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Re: New flight sim?

Postby AS201 Joe » 09 Jul 2012 23:58

AS201 Joe
FAA [Administrator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 201

Postby AS 485 Ian Paxton » 02 Sep 2012 03:36

I know this topic is about a month old now well 2 months now. But I want to for warn people about Virtual Pilot 3-D, it's just a rehash version of virtual pro pilot and what other names it has taken. They took the source code from Flight Gear and try to sell it for over 100 dollars. If you really want to try it check out flight gear at www.flightgear.org/ it's free unlike Virtual Pilot 3D.
AS 485 Ian Paxton

Postby AS 485 Ian Paxton » 03 Sep 2012 01:35

Good your bf stopped you when he did. I read some stories about them and not only do they charge your 58 dollars but they charge another 58 dollars for "VIP access" up to 200 dollars total in some cases. Then if you try to email them they don't respond at all. Best bet is just stick to FSX or X-Plane 10, FSX has a ton of add-ons and XPX is really coming along now with more 3rd party coming aboard like Carenado, Aerosoft, and soon PMDG. If you're interested in X-Plane check out www.x-plane.org for freeware and they have a store and forum page and also x-pilot.com they also have a forum and just got a freeware section up and running. They too have a store x-aviation.com they have a awesome DC-3 and soon like sometime this week x-plane.org has a sweet looking 777 coming out that could compete with PMDG's 777. So some good stuff just stay clear of Virtual Pilot 3D :)
AS 485 Ian Paxton

Return to General Discussions