Cant find some airports in FS

General Discussions on anything! If you feel like chatting... hey post here!

Cant find some airports in FS

Postby HoratioWondersocks » 08 Apr 2012 10:47

Hello
This is just a minor nigglette.
I cant find some airports that are listed in AS flights .this is the latest...ZUGY Guiyang Intl. Even trawling the net revealed no clues. I eventually just took a guess and selected another Airport and filed as though it were in fact ZUGY . Got a feeling Bagram in Iraq was also a problem.
This is no big deal criticism (happens only rarely) but is a bit irritating when you have gone through the whole flight creation process only to find you cant move your aircraft to the Airport.
cheers Andy

HoratioWondersocks
Instrument Rated Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Re: Cant find some airports in FS

Postby ITZREAL » 08 Apr 2012 12:57

What version of MSFS are you using?
ITZREAL

Postby JSkorna » 08 Apr 2012 14:03

The data is based on FS 2004. If you are using another version sometimes the code has changed, the airport has closed, or the airport is new. Sometimes using the name or city of the airport can find the airport. If not, it is OK to fly to a close airport and note that in your PIREP.

JSkorna
Control Tower [Moderator]

Postby HoratioWondersocks » 08 Apr 2012 18:12

JSkorna wrote:The data is based on FS 2004. If you are using another version sometimes the code has changed, the airport has closed, or the airport is new. Sometimes using the name or city of the airport can find the airport. If not, it is OK to fly to a close airport and note that in your PIREP.

OK Thanks, that is what I did.

FS9 my sim.

cheers
Andy

HoratioWondersocks
Instrument Rated Pilot

Postby mynetdude » 11 Jun 2012 02:13

Speaking of code changes, I just saw somewhere some South African airport changed its code due to a name change just FYI its not listed in FS9 or FSX unless you have scenery for it ;)
mynetdude

Return to General Discussions