Give it up???

General Discussions on anything! If you feel like chatting... hey post here!

Re: Give it up???

Postby dickbloom » 15 Feb 2012 01:37

Actually, for me, the data base is the big thing that makes AirSource so great. I've never found another VA that can compare to it.
db.

dickbloom
Student Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Postby JSkorna » 15 Feb 2012 01:37

It's not the code, but something has changed on the servers.

Just now I was here:

http://www.air-source.us/Operations/ASHA/FCenter.asp

The it took 41 seconds to open this page:

http://www.air-source.us/Operations/ASH ... BOOKED.asp

From the Pilot Operations Screen it took 40 seconds to open the Air Stocks page.

From my portfolio it took 19 seconds to open the V_ASHA Stock Details screen.

JSkorna
Control Tower [Moderator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Postby Greg AS#147 » 15 Feb 2012 06:44

I have done some timing as well at 1:38am EST. From the home page to the pilot operations page, it took 7 seconds. From there to the Flights page was 5 seconds. From there to the Schedule division was 5 seconds as well. From there to search from some flights between CYYZ and where ever was about 2 seconds. Then I ran through it again and was 2 seconds or less from page to page. I will try later today during peak times just to see if there is a difference.

Greg AS#147
Instrument Rated Pilot

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 147] AS Pilot #147 Burlington, Ontario, Canada
AirSource Pilot Number: 147

Postby AS129 - Michael » 15 Feb 2012 07:38

dickbloom wrote:Actually, for me, the data base is the big thing that makes AirSource so great. I've never found another VA that can compare to it.
db.

And that I will agree with! Even though I am pretty much a Delta Air Lines jockey, it was the huge database of airlines, Events and Bid Flights that brought me here 10 years ago.

No other VA's compare, IMHO....

AS129 - Michael
Control Tower [Moderator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 129

Postby Greg AS#147 » 15 Feb 2012 17:16

I once again did some timing at 12:13pm. To open the Air-Source page took 5 seconds, to open Pilot Operations took 5 seconds, to open Flights page took 10 seconds, to open Shedule Division took 8 seconds and to open flights from CYYZ to anywhere took 2 seconds. Overall, the website seems to be running fairly quick, at least quicker then it was.

CHEERS!!!

Greg AS#147
Instrument Rated Pilot

Postby ITZREAL » 16 Feb 2012 11:10

I log on to AirSource everyday. I have done so for the six years I have been a member. Sometimes its slow, sometimes its fast. We have had in the past, issues with server response times. This is a small concern in my opinion, as I also log into many other websites everyday that have nothing to do with AirSource or it's server. I take it with a healthy grain of salt. I'm willing to let a few extra seconds of my day to expire to get to where I'm going because there are bigger issues. If in the end, if you get where you wanted, why waste time worriying or talking about it. I have also logged over 4000 hours of real flight time. Do I stress if the server takes me an extra 1 minute or two? No I don't. I am 100 percent in belief that if a real problem exists with our current server that Tom would take action. At the experation of our current obligation, if he chooses to purchase a slot/bandwidth/or memory allocation, with a differnet server provider, then so be it. I will be the first in line to make a monetary contribution to that decision.

Just my two cents.
ITZREAL

Postby Greg AS#147 » 16 Feb 2012 18:36

I am glad someone else understands what I was trying to say. I have checked a few more times and yes, sometimes it does take longer. Definately the time of day has its impacts, but, like you said, when you have been here this long, there are bumps along the way and we make do.

CHEERS!!!

Greg AS#147
Instrument Rated Pilot

Postby Greg AS#147 » 17 Feb 2012 18:25

This is strange, when I am on my Iphone, all areas of the website come up fast. Not sure why this is, but just on observation I made.

Greg AS#147
Instrument Rated Pilot

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 17 Feb 2012 18:54

Greg AS#147 wrote:This is strange, when I am on my Iphone, all areas of the website come up fast. Not sure why this is, but just on observation I made.

Thanks for sharing that Greg - actually I have been testing random times and the website appears to be performing much better lately.

I think my nasty messages helped get things a LITTLE better, even though they WON'T ADMIT it was/is on their end!

I am also going to look at updating more pages with my little bit of code - can't hurt!

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 2] KMCO Orlando, Florida SKYPE:airsourceva
AirSource Pilot Number: 2

Postby Eric Lilly ASO280 » 01 Jun 2012 00:44

Tom,

Thank you for all the work you and others do to make AirSource a wonderful place.. It's really appreciated by many !!!
Eric Lilly ASO280

Postby mynetdude » 11 Jun 2012 01:33

Ah I know I mentioned this in the past, thanks for looking into this... I actually need to stay here lol

AS has some airlines not available elsewhere, which brings me to my next question later.

I'd be willing to chip in as I haven't done before and I didn't know this community was still thriving although I tend to come and go with lots of lapse.

Thanks for your efforts Tom, yes patience is required but I think the rewards were met :).
mynetdude

Previous

Return to General Discussions