Scenery Design

General Discussions on anything! If you feel like chatting... hey post here!

Scenery Design

Postby Leemazz » 18 Feb 2010 18:00

Ive been learning the ways of gmax for sometime now and im about ready to start my first scenery which i think will be PANC , Anchorage . I was wondering though if anybody has any images of the airport as i cannot use google earth for copyright reasons . This scenery will be a complete remake of the airport , any help much appreciated .

Lee

Leemazz
Control Tower [Moderator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Re: Scenery Design

Postby Leemazz » 18 Feb 2010 20:44

Infact scrub that im done creating paints and scenery for FSX . Im sick of the no feedback and people demanding stuff with no thank you or please . Yes Ryan remember the UPS paint i did for you , you never said please or thank you .

I just get people asking me stupid questions without reading the read me files i provide and questions like can you add TNT aircraft taking off and landing at your scenery . Im done finished no more paints nothing i will just use them myself . I never thought for one minute i would recieve abuse for releasing freeware stuff that takes forever to complete or for not painting peoples request as soon as they ask for it ..... Rant over another painter signing off .... For good !!!

Sorry for posting here but i had just started this topic .

Guess i have more time to fly now

Leemazz

Postby sonjamichelle » 18 Feb 2010 21:15

Welcome to the developer's world!!

One of the reasons I left so many years ago.

sonjamichelle
Instrument Rated Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 103

Postby Leemazz » 18 Feb 2010 21:42

I guess people are never happy . It can be a weird community at times and becomes more of a chor than a hobby .

Leemazz

Postby vic365 » 19 Feb 2010 00:44

I'm really hoping that most of the negativity you received wasn't from AirSource members? I, for one, am happy with the ASHA paints you did for FS9 and have all that apply to my "hangar".

vic365
Multi Engine Pilot

Postby sonjamichelle » 19 Feb 2010 02:38

In my case it was none of the AirSource folks. Just the FS community at large and at least one "popular" download site that wouldn't heed my wishes and ignored my requests.

sonjamichelle
Instrument Rated Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 103

Postby AS283 Roger Dean » 19 Feb 2010 03:22

vic365 wrote:I'm really hoping that most of the negativity you received wasn't from AirSource members? I, for one, am happy with the ASHA paints you did for FS9 and have all that apply to my "hangar".

All I have heard is praise from AirSource. And I think you're probably sick of hearing me say it, thanks for your time and help with the ASHA repaints. :D
AS283 Roger Dean

Postby iang77 » 19 Feb 2010 03:34

I've never understood why someone would berate the developer of a freeware program, plane or other download. Too many people out there with a sense of entitlement.

iang77
Instrument Rated Pilot

Postby ITZREAL » 19 Feb 2010 14:12

I like repaints. It gives me a connection to what I am flying. I give thanks to ANY one who takes the time to make a repaint or scenery for a plane. Most of, if not all, are free. Any person who complains about a freeware repaint or scenery should not be a person to be taken seriously. I have spent many $1000's of real money to get planes. Some of my best and most favorite happen to be freeware repaints or otherwise free downloads. Please continue, as your work is most appreciated. Thank you for any effort in this cause.

Just my 2 cents
ITZREAL

Postby Leemazz » 19 Feb 2010 17:45

Ive had fantastic support from Airsource pilots over the years and an endless list of thanks from ASHA pilots . To be honest Airsource is the reason i have continued for so long painting , some of my repaints have tied in with Schedule updates .

Its just a small minority that cannot be pleased , ive been accused of recieving money from CLS and PMDG for painting there aircraft seriously the list goes on . People nick my stuff and post it up as their own as an example check the Cargoitalia DC-10 package on Flightsim.com , the aircraft is my paint and it even includes my original read me file but i never gave permission to do it or never recieved a request . My paints turn up on websites all over the place i get emails from website owners telling me to upload my stuff to their website . VAs use my paints without permission . I have only every given two VAs permission other than ASHA and that was World Airways VA and Eastern VA .

Airsource is a great community possibly the best there is and have never said a bad word . I waste so much time with grumpy emails telling im an idiot and my paints dont work in FS9 because they couldnt be bothered to check under McDonnell Douglas instead of PMDG do they every say sorry for giving me abuse , not a chance .

I dont think it is the last you have heard from me as a painter though , i will post a message when i know more ... Watch this space !!!

Leemazz

Return to General Discussions