Trying to Fly to UGEE Zvartnots in PMDG 737NG??

General Discussions on anything! If you feel like chatting... hey post here!

Trying to Fly to UGEE Zvartnots in PMDG 737NG??

Postby Chuck B » 25 Dec 2009 06:13

I'm trying to fly the PMDG 737 to Zvartnots and every time I try to program the FMC with the destination "UGEE" or import a flight plan from FSBuild, I get an error "Airport Not in Database" and then "Program Error" both in the scratch pad area. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? I did several searches over at the PMDG forum on AVSIM but didn't find anything on the issue.

Has anyone ever flown there in the NG? I see a Wikipedia article listing the code not as UGEE but as UDYZ -- but all the flights here list the airport as UGEE. Should I be using the latter designation in m flight planning for the PMDG? I'm using AIRAC 0912.

Thanks.

Chuck B.
Chuck B

Re: Trying to Fly to UGEE Zvartnots in PMDG 737NG??

Postby AS83 Jason Epps-Eades » 25 Dec 2009 07:12

UGEE has changed it's ICAO code to UDYZ

AS83 Jason Epps-Eades
Private Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Postby Chuck B » 25 Dec 2009 14:39

Thanks, Jason! I thought it may be the other way around. Never ocurred to me that Norm and crew had't gotten around to making the change yet.

EDIT: It seems the PMDG FMC is the only one that objects -- I can program UGEE into the LevelD, PSS and WILCO aircraft. :?

Merry Christmas, comrade.

Chuck B.
Chuck B

Postby vic365 » 26 Dec 2009 03:42

Chuck...are you using the latest AIRAC or the old free one? If it's the old one it will never be right, unfortunately. I wonder if the PMDG AIRAC file can be edited?

vic365
Multi Engine Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Return to General Discussions