Flying to Non-Scheduled Desitinations

General Discussions on anything! If you feel like chatting... hey post here!

Flying to Non-Scheduled Desitinations

Postby Rehnn83 » 09 Oct 2009 12:16

I'm gearing up for my first flight for as a member of ASU (Air Source Union). One the reasons I considered joining Air Source. Is the ability to fly to destinations not on the schedules of my regular VA. Now I've looking at Flying a Europe to Hong Kong trip. I have Fly Tampa's excellent Kai Tak scenery.

Lets say I took a Lufthansa flight from Frankfurt to Hong Kong. Am I able to fly to Kai Tak (former Hong Kong airport) instead of Chep Lap Kok (the new Hong Kong Airport)?????

Also as I'm looking at a Long Haul I may want to occasionally leave the flight deck (e.g. Meals, Answer the Phone etc...). With ASU is there any requirment for regular Position Reports?
Rehnn83

Re: Flying to Non-Scheduled Desitinations

Postby Buckeye Roy » 09 Oct 2009 13:25

First of all, welcome to Air Source Ben.

To answer your questions, unfortunately we do not have any scheduled flights for EGGF to Hong Kong (Kai Tak- VHHX). All of our schedule flights are based on real-world present and past flight schedules. We do however, have 34 scheduled Classic airline flights listed which arrive at VHHX. Just go to the Pilot Operations/Schedule Division page and in the "Traditional Flight Search", leave the departure airport blank and type in the airport code in the arrival airport. You will then be presented with a list of all the flights we currently have available. One other thing, if for some reason, you may have to divert to an alternative airport for some kind of restriction, emergency, weather, etc., make sure you include this in your PIREP comments, so your flight will not be removed. :wink:

Secondly, on long haul flights, if you are using ActiveAirSource (AAS) the program will stop recording if there is no mouse movement for more than an hour. So, if you need to step away, just pause your simulator and the AAS program and when you return you can resume where you left off. All information is saved in the AAS program. If you are using MyAAS (MyActiveAirSource) you will not have the mouse restriction, but as with AAS you can also pause and save your flight data information.

Hope, I answered your questions Ben.

Just remember, our first priority at Air Source is to Have Fun!

Buckeye Roy
Commercial Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 17

Postby Rehnn83 » 09 Oct 2009 22:05

Cheers Hugo - Thanks for the explanation.

I know there's no flights from EDDF to VHHX. That was just a example, as there is a EDDF to VHHH in the Schedules, so I was just asking what would happen if I landed at VHHX instead of VHHH.

As I now understand it, my PIREP wouldn't be accepted (unless I had a valid reason, not just "I fancied landing at Kai Tak :wink: ).
Rehnn83

Postby vic365 » 10 Oct 2009 05:03

Ben...you could fly it as a personal flight...but then YOU pay for it...not the other way around :P .

vic365
Multi Engine Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Postby AS380 Mark Richards » 10 Oct 2009 09:23

vic365 wrote:Ben...you could fly it as a personal flight...but then YOU pay for it...not the other way around :P .

And of course you can't fly a personal division flight in other than a light aircraft so such a long flight wouldn't be logable.

AS380 Mark Richards
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 380] Auckland, New Zealand [NZAA]
AirSource Pilot Number: 380

Postby vic365 » 10 Oct 2009 21:08

AS380 Mark Richards wrote:
vic365 wrote:Ben...you could fly it as a personal flight...but then YOU pay for it...not the other way around :P .

And of course you can't fly a personal division flight in other than a light aircraft so such a long flight wouldn't be logable.

:oops: I hadn't realized that. Never mind :roll:

Vic

vic365
Multi Engine Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Return to General Discussions