iFly 744 Problems

General Discussions on anything! If you feel like chatting... hey post here!

iFly 744 Problems

Postby dickbloom » 27 Sep 2009 15:36

Are you using the iFly 744? Maybe you have some ideas. Took 2 test flights and all seemed okay except for the T.O and landing. The first flight was full FMS, the second flight used FMC only for V speeds.
First takeoff at Vr the plane suddenly pitched uo to 40*. Managed to recover with extreme pitch fluctuations. Second takeoff, the a/c lifted off by itself at 116kts (!) Extreme pitch fluctuations followed.
First landing was full auto-land. The power levers did not retard at the necessary time and there was no flare. The a/c slammed into the ground and rolled over. Second landing, hand flown, a/c floated forever and when I forced it onto the ground at about 90 kts(!), again, the a/c slammed into the ground and rolled over.
Any ideas?
thanks,
db.
dickbloom

Re: iFly 744 Problems

Postby Thumper_KJFK AS.381 » 10 Nov 2009 19:25

Yes, and I fixed it.

A very simple fix has to be written to the "aircraft.cfg" file in the main Aircraft folder.

::::For FsX::::
Open FsX main flolder/SimObjects/Airplanes/iFly 744...

:::: For fs9::::
Open your FS9 main folder/Aircraft/iFly 744. and look for a file called - aircraft.cfg and Open it in Notes and be sure to Uncheck Always open with this...
Scroll down until you see this line:

[jet_engine]
thrust_scalar = 1.0

You are going to change that number to a Higher value a whole host of people who I know we all are using 1.35 as the thrust_scalar. It seems too Low a value and you get wild pitching and uneven engine running.

SAVE and exit. That is it. Go do a test flight. The Numbers are Not written in Stone. so Play around if you find the flight model not to your likening

SAVE SAVE BACK UP BACK UP BACK UP SAVE SAVE
Please I cannot Stress this too Much. MAKE A BACK UP OF THIS FILE Before you even Think of Opening it. You know the drill. :) If you don't like the new values you can eather play around on your own with other numbers or go back to riding a wild bull Heee )

Thumper_KJFK AS.381
Private Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 381

Return to General Discussions