RealWorldATC

General Discussions on anything! If you feel like chatting... hey post here!

RealWorldATC

Postby Kelburn » 16 Sep 2009 10:16

Hi,
This may seem a noob question but I was really wondering what RWATC actually is...
I get that it's similar to Vatsim but what are the differences? (Not the community and training part) Or is it the same in that one controller will log on to one airport thus restricting the locations you can fly to...?
Any help on clarifying this for me is appreciated (I just can't seem to figure it out!)
Cheers,
Kelburn.
Kelburn

Re: RealWorldATC

Postby vic365 » 16 Sep 2009 12:53

I haven't tried RWATC yet...but when I flew on Vatsim and another defunct online ATC (don't recall the name) I wasn't restricted in where I could fly? Vatsim usually had enough controllers online so they would hand you off to the neighboring controller on your route. The other one had many fewer controllers (probably why it's gone) but they would just continue to control you even outside their "area". Not sure how RWATC handles "dead" areas but I'm sure one of our pilots who have flown on it will have more info.

...and welcome aboard!

Vic

vic365
Multi Engine Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Postby Kelburn » 17 Sep 2009 20:37

Cheers for the reply!

Don't mean to be a nag but if anyone reads this and knows the answer would they be able to clarify because I'm really keen to find out.
Kelburn

Postby AS-487 T. Headlam » 18 Sep 2009 00:59

Hi,
1)Let me Apologies for the questioning of AirSource EMT's this spring and their operations.
This topic had past me by.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3650
i'm sorry fellas with the foot in my mouth.

2)Ok I'll try to keep this short. United states by itsself is covered. Senior ATC not on, but training.
example. I wanted New York Center. I Started training in New York. But the amount of New York Center Controllers alone, Made me move south and made me a home Miami Center and one step away for my SR1 for Miami tower. Thank you AS455_Don Smith for the traffic during my training.

but they would just continue to control you even outside their "area". Not sure how RWATC handles "dead" areas

Tower :
5MILES CONTROL 30MILE RANGE VISIBILITY
Departure and Approach:
60 MILES AND VARIES WITH THE TRACON WHAT YOU ACTAULLY CONTROL.
Center:
I'm sure you get the idea.
Leaving their Airspace or someone would call it DEAD AREA! then radar frequency change is aproved. Unicom Frequency 122.80, Alot similar to VATSIM Which I also fly with because of My VA.

AirSource been here for eight strong years now and the future could never arrive quicker, In waiting for the transition to the MyAAS module. :D
I'm sure Mr. Little & Norm Edwards would not represent something on Air Source if it was nonsense.
RWATC is a great community by itself. but Ok, Lets say your neutral for now. Invite a freind from AirSource
Meet up in VIDP or as someone would call it DEAD AREAS. Try it out. Communicate with that person. Do curcuits.
My equipment is usually on the tarmac of RWATC one hour before my schedule flight. Which I love to Taildrag realworld flights with flightaware. (Great job with EMT's of scheduleing. The Timetables are updated to perfection)
Grab a flight with AirSource and line up and wait for the departing traffic and caution wake turbulance.
Or just get online on observe the the operations.
I see a good link here with RWATC and Air Source Pilots.
NOTE:
AIR-Source is not a part of RWATC. There is know Linkage in MGNT what so ever.
They introduce this to us pilots in order to communicate with others.
Air Source are more fortunate than other VA's on Their Server. Because We fly Everywhere with any Airline with updated schedules daily.

You can do daily events whith Air-Source personal mode with Biz-Jets and GA's
Just the other day I flew over Don while he was flying his Air Source Humanitarian Airlift for the California Wildfires. Thinking to myself others with Airsource can do the same at the time with each others.

Virtual union members.Now i'm in south for the winter. Miami Intl. will welcome All AirSource traffic in the
future to come.
There is a AirSource room on TeamSpeak for our virtual members even if you choose not to join RWATC at this time.

Well you see I kept this short. Any question feel free to ask.
AS-487 T. Headlam
Private Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Postby AS455 - Don » 20 Sep 2009 14:03

Hey Tyrone
I like your explanation of the great relationship between AirSource and RWATC.
I really appreciate the fact that you and 4 other AirSource Pilots have decided to fly RWATC. I too am a member of VATSIM and will fly them again. But, I like the relaxed atmosphere of RWATC. I have never seen an online FS server with the Management so involved with the number priority of having Pilots happy and having fun. The Management makes a point of making sure that the Pilots are set-up to fly and provide training if required.
There is no pressure that I have ever felt from anyone. Everyone at RWATC is very helpful and if we don't know the answer to your questions, we will get you in touch with the people that can help.
Don
ASO455

AS455 - Don
Control Tower [Moderator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 455

Return to General Discussions