What is you're favorite aircraft to fly?

General Discussions on anything! If you feel like chatting... hey post here!

What is you're favorite aircraft to fly?

Postby FLIGHTSIMMER » 30 Aug 2009 05:58

I like the MD-11 for long hauls and the 737-800/900 for shorter hops.
FLIGHTSIMMER

Re: What is you're favorite aircraft to fly?

Postby ianbeggs » 01 Sep 2009 22:59

I love the MD11, I use it and the LDS 767, and soon I will be using the JS41 on some quick hops.
ianbeggs

Postby TheDude71 » 03 Sep 2009 17:22

All are my favorites. My hanger consists of:

PMDG 737 600/700 for my Southwest flights

PMDG 739 for the few COA flights I get in

LevelD 767 for some of my AAL flights

Maddog MD80 series- Not a big fan, but cool concept. Just takes some work to get used to. My sim does not like it for some reason. So this one is not one of my favorites but collects dust in my hanger.

PMDG 747-400 For my hops acorss the pond or just long hauls. Quantas has a 744 daily flight from KJFK-KLAX .

PMDG MD11 For my FDX freight flights

And now I just purchased the PSS777. So Been playing with that. Great 2D panel, ok VC, textures are about an 7 out of 10. Just can't compair to PMDG. But the 2D Panel is beautiful. flight dynamics are very nice.

My next purchase, probably tomorrow after I pay bills is going to be the Wilco Airbus Vol1 for the A318, A320 and A321 so I can start flying USA3000. Found a the texture for USA3000 for the Wilco A320 on AVSIM. I have read pleny of reviews and watched a number of youtube vids on it, but if anyone reading this post has any input into this product, it would be great to hear. And Im still an FS9 guy. Got FSX and it runs ok, but nothing like FS9 on my machine. Same story as most, lots of $$$ in FS9 to just drop.

With this purchase of the A320 this will complete my Hanger to my liking.

So......they all are my favorites!! :D
TheDude71

Postby vic365 » 03 Sep 2009 22:52

I'm not sure where to begin?

I love the LevelD 767...the darn thing is a rocket ship with more power than you might ever need?

For the classics I like my MAAM-SIM DC3/R4D, the CS 707 (even though I can't stand CS...it's the aircraft I grew up flying on), The DreamFleet 727 (no one even comes close) and the freeware Tinmouse2 737-200.

I like all the PMDG 737's and rounded that out with the Wilco's (for the 300,400 and 500).

Of course the PMDG MD-11 and 747...goes without saying.
I also enjoy the Carenado Cessna U206, Mr. White's L049 Connie (God rest his soul), the Aerosoft Beaver.
I find the Flight1 ATR to be an outstanding aircraft I recently discovered and love flying it. The Eagle soft Citation X is a hotrod and I might be purchasing the V2.

Vic

vic365
Multi Engine Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Postby vic365 » 04 Sep 2009 00:19

vic365 wrote:I'm not sure where to begin?

I love the LevelD 767...the darn thing is a rocket ship with more power than you might ever need?

For the classics I like my MAAM-SIM DC3/R4D, the CS 707 (even though I can't stand CS...it's the aircraft I grew up flying on), The DreamFleet 727 (no one even comes close) and the freeware Tinmouse2 737-200.

I like all the PMDG 737's and rounded that out with the Wilco's (for the 300,400 and 500).

Of course the PMDG MD-11 and 747...goes without saying.
I also enjoy the Carenado Cessna U206, Mr. White's L049 Connie (God rest his soul), the Aerosoft Beaver.
I find the Flight1 ATR to be an outstanding aircraft I recently discovered and love flying it. The Eagle soft Citation X is a hotrod and I might be purchasing the V2.

Vic

Round 2...

I've pretty much filled out my Boeing hangar with the PSS 757 and 777. Yeah, I'm missing a few...like the 717 but I doubt I'll miss it. I haven't heard squat about the DreamFleet DC-8 project...don't even know if it's still in the works?
All the freeware Rockwell AC500's, of course...love those. The PAD Twin Otters...the helicopter with wings! The CLS DC-10 is...OK. I don't even remember where I got my DC-6 and 7's...I think it was Cal Classics? Haven't flown them in quite awhile. The FeelThere Caravan is acceptable, as well as the FSD Porter and Aerostar.
One aircraft that I've found to be a bunch of fun, and actually use the VC for, is the Christen Eagle II biplane from Long Island Classics...if you haven't tried this little hot rod...you should! I highly reccomend it.

You'll notice a glaring lack of Airbii? I'm waiting for Airsimmer for those (Hey...THEY are still doing it for FS9!!).

I have lots of others, in my hangar, but only fly them occasionally.

The ones I'm not TOO impressed with:
Wilco/FeelThere CRJ
CS 130 (After telling myself I wouldn't do CS again...I did :twisted: . The one model I wanted...the Navy ski...can't be selected for really lame reasons supplied by CS support. I really mean it this time...never again! :evil: ) :roll:

Vic

vic365
Multi Engine Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Postby AS380 Mark Richards » 04 Sep 2009 07:16

I'm Mark and and I'm a paywareholic...

Possibly in order, but I change my mind from time to time:

1. PMDG 737NG (all variants)
  2. Wilco/FeelThere E-Jet Series
  3. PMDG 744
  4. Level D 767
  5. Flight1 ATR-72
  6. Freeware Hovercontrol B412
  7. Aeroworx King Air

There's tons more but that is my top list.

AS380 Mark Richards
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 380] Auckland, New Zealand [NZAA]
AirSource Pilot Number: 380

Return to General Discussions