It's been awhile......

General Discussions on anything! If you feel like chatting... hey post here!

It's been awhile......

Postby TheDude71 » 12 Aug 2009 18:16

Hello everyone. Its has been sometime since I have made a post or even read the forum. All is good on my front, just summer time here in the STL. So we have been doing the summer family things. Going to parks, camping, yard work, keeping up with my pool. That one is a never ending battle. And of course, getting some flights in. This always happens during summer months. Pretty much a known fact in the flightsim community that summer slows things down. And when the weather turns, well, more flights. Not sure if Im the only one that does this, but having kids and a wife, I like to get that redeye in when everybody is asleep and the house is nice and quite. My time....but then I find myself up to 4am and having to get up at 8am. Oh well.

Working on a flight as I type, STL-LAS. My father who I have not seen in 3 years is flying in on Friday from Vegas, so I have always flown any or my familys real flights. Including my own. Been doing that for years. Anyhow, Ill make the return flight early FRI morning before he gets in. My mom is flying to HNL in November, so that should be a cool flight.

Other than that, working my ass off at work. Lots of OT right now, so I grab it when I can, befor it dries up. Sucks to work those extra hours but worth it when you get your paycheck.

Anyhow, just wanted to drop a line and say hello to all and hope everyones summer has been as good as mine.

Blue skies
TheDude71

Re: It's been awhile......

Postby Leemazz » 12 Aug 2009 19:13

I get the same problem in the summer months i play cricket in the summer which takes up massive amounts of time . Its a popular sport in the UK .

Glad to see your still about Brett .

Leemazz
Control Tower [Moderator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Postby TheDude71 » 12 Aug 2009 21:06

Thanks for the reply. Im glad to still be here also. No plans on leaving this great VA. Cricket. Thats one sport I never figured out. Watch it on tv sometimes.
TheDude71

Postby Vince AS007 » 28 Aug 2009 22:23

Hello,

Another its been a while - about 15 months in fact. Just reinstalled FS2004 on the PC and did a quick VFR flight in a helicopter on VATSIM. Now where are my airliners.....
Vince AS007

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 28 Aug 2009 23:40

It is so great to see you all back! Shows just how dedicated our members are 8)

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 2] KMCO Orlando, Florida SKYPE:airsourceva
AirSource Pilot Number: 2

Postby AS380 Mark Richards » 29 Aug 2009 10:42

Welcome back Vince! Great to see you online!

AS380 Mark Richards
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 380] Auckland, New Zealand [NZAA]
AirSource Pilot Number: 380

Postby AS37 Norm Edwards » 29 Aug 2009 14:00

Good to see you back in the skies again Vince. Often it is the case where other things halt or slow-down doing the hobby thing.... but there is a moral to the story and its a general message for everyone else out there... if you think you are going to be away for a while (or at least more than 30 days away from filing a PIREP), make sure you file for a vacation. It will ensure that you don't get a) removed from the VPU and also b) lose your logbook! Vacation link is here:

:arrow: http://www.air-source.us/HR/HRMain.asp

AS37 Norm Edwards
FAA [Administrator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 37

Postby Showboat » 13 Oct 2009 02:22

Well lets make it the" I have been away for awhile" thread! Its been 2 years and a couple months for me. Alot of real life situations and an aging computer kept me away. I have since upgraded computer, installed FSX and just had my first flight yesterday using AAS and getting back active with the default Baron 58.It was KSAN to KONT short hop to get reaquainted and I did pretty good.Ive got Active Sky Advanced install and my first flight with that too.Its a good thing I can call up the kneeboard to relearn those keys I use to know by heart! This is my 2nd or 3rd time with Air Source as I forgot to file for those vacations and had to restart. This time I got it right!

Showboat
Student Pilot

Postby AS37 Norm Edwards » 13 Oct 2009 16:17

Hey welcome back (3rd time!). It is the kind of hobby that draws people back to it when absent for a while. And of course i'm not biased in saying AirSource is the best place to come back to :)

AS37 Norm Edwards
FAA [Administrator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 37

Postby ROGERP » 15 Oct 2009 04:51

Hey Guys
I am not sure that I qualify here but glad to see or hear that some of you are back with us.
For me, being retired, every day is a holiday in which which I spend a lot of time flying.
In fact I am grounded until 0700 ( 15 minutes time ) here in Spain when the new AAS flight day resumes as I have peaked out at 10 hrs a day for the last 30 days.
My cricket is now limited to television as well.
Best regards to you all
Roger

ROGERP
Instrument Rated Pilot

Postby bruno » 08 Nov 2009 09:19

If I could just add little ol' me on to this list of returnees :wink:
PC probs and all that.....
Glad to be back. :wink:
bruno

Return to General Discussions