Re: XDEN Denver-Stapleton Airport (not available)

General Discussions on anything! If you feel like chatting... hey post here!

XDEN Denver-Stapleton Airport (not available)

Postby HoratioWondersocks » 02 Jul 2009 12:45

Hello All
Yesterday i decided to fly Classic Flight 361.KMKC Wheeler Downtown to XDEN Denver-Stapleton Airport.Unfortunately XDEN is not available in fs9 (or the real world I think) so i had to make my destination airport KDEN(DENVER INT)instead .
Any thoughts please.
cheers Andy

HoratioWondersocks
Instrument Rated Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Postby Anthony Fluhart AS167 » 02 Jul 2009 14:59

Maybe this file @ flightsim.com might be what you're looking for... stapleto.zip

Kinda sucks trying to find stuff with AVSIM file library still down.

EDIT:

found this cool website with some retro sceneries -- i don't know how detailed they are but at least its something... http://www.calclassic.com/scenery.htm

P.S.
Got an sql error using IE8 something about too many connections while trying to get to the forum. Got in fine using safari albeit at the speed of molasses :shock: :lol:

Anthony Fluhart AS167
Instrument Rated Pilot

Postby JSkorna » 02 Jul 2009 15:31

I added the old airport just in case someone finds something to use.

JSkorna
Control Tower [Moderator]

Postby HoratioWondersocks » 02 Jul 2009 16:24

Anthony Fluhart AS167 wrote:Maybe this file @ flightsim.com might be what you're looking for... stapleto.zip

Kinda sucks trying to find stuff with AVSIM file library still down.

EDIT:

found this cool website with some retro sceneries -- i don't know how detailed they are but at least its something... http://www.calclassic.com/scenery.htm

P.S.
Got an sql error using IE8 something about too many connections while trying to get to the forum. Got in fine using safari albeit at the speed of molasses :shock: :lol:

Hello Anthony
Like you i have also discovered this site(and perhaps should have looked a little closely at the scenery section :D ).Over the last few days I have been using there really excellent Convair aircraft and I can really recommend them.I have never tried any payware aircraft but as freeware these must be some of the best and most detailed models I have tried plus they include all sorts of planning options and a warning system to notify of any (certainly in my case i fear) abuse of the aircraft.The warning mode is optional and I haven't had the nerve to try it yet.I prefer at the moment the blissful ignorance school of flying.
PS these aircraft have lovely sounds as well.
cheers Andy
PPS every day i try the AVSIM file library link and I am beginning to wonder if it will ever return.
FSCom is pretty good though.
AVSIM without its file library is like Laurel without Hardy,Fred without Ginger,Sherlock without Dr watson.It just ain't right!

HoratioWondersocks
Instrument Rated Pilot

Postby HoratioWondersocks » 02 Jul 2009 16:25

XDen the X is the clue perhaps.
Andy

HoratioWondersocks
Instrument Rated Pilot

Return to General Discussions