EMT meeting

General Discussions on anything! If you feel like chatting... hey post here!

EMT meeting

Postby Leemazz » 31 May 2009 21:24

Well i just sat and listened through the meeting , it was good to hear all your voices . First off i agree with you on the events being shorter the only thing is with the last event in which i run i had to extend it to suit pilots requests , but your totally right they need to be shorter .

It would be great to see a new AAS program of sorts as like you say the current program is starting to play up a little .

Also the bid division is going in a good direction also ATI i cant comment on ASHA to much as i dont really know much about it but it seems to get more popular by the day so props to you Norm and everybody at ASHA .

The biggy for me is the Schedule Division which is growing nicely and Roy i didnt realise i had updated 103 airlines . Its great to be apart of this community .

Mark i loved the comments about me basically having an obsession with Freight , its more of an obsession with tri-jets and the majority of the aircraft are freighters which leads me toother aircraft as well . Very funny .

Leemazz
Control Tower [Moderator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Postby AS380 Mark Richards » 01 Jun 2009 13:50

I hope I was polite Lee!

For those who think I sound tired, I was. The one thing I love about AirSource is how many different parts of the world our membership come from. The EMT is no exception and the meeting was set up to best cater to meet all those needs, so for me it started at 02:00 local when I had just got home having worked a 10 hour shift in the real job!

AS380 Mark Richards
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 380] Auckland, New Zealand [NZAA]
AirSource Pilot Number: 380

Postby Leemazz » 01 Jun 2009 14:23

No i thought you sounded ok Mark . Norm sounded a little funny and hard to understand at times .

Leemazz

Postby AS37 Norm Edwards » 01 Jun 2009 14:42

That's normal for me! :lol:

My mic is in dire need of repair!

AS37 Norm Edwards
FAA [Administrator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 37

Postby Leemazz » 01 Jun 2009 14:45

haha you was not too bad Norm , Roy and Tom were spot on though crystal clear .

Leemazz

Postby vic365 » 03 Jun 2009 16:32

Although I wasn't at the EMT meeting (must have missed that memo :wink: )...a few comments, if I may. I agree that SOME events should be shorter, but not ALL events. I don't think we should throw out the baby with the bath water? I, personally, prefer the longer events, like the World tour type. This type of event gets me fired up with all aspects of flight simming. I enjoy the flight planning, the search for believable aircraft paints and the little bit of "story" which can be related.

I realize that many do not have the time or desire to spend that much time on long events so my suggestion would be a mix...some shorter, a few "medium" and an occasional "big" event for those of us who like that sort of thing. The recent CWT09 was, by far, the most fun I've had on a large event...at any VA...and I am looking forward to the next such "large" event. That being said, I would also participate in smaller events.

One question that I have about events...it appears to me, from reading the pre-posts for CWT09, that if a certain number of us had not expressed interest...it would not have happened? Did I get the wrong impression and, if not, why does it matter? I realize a lot of work goes into planning a large event but if only so many are interested...does that kill the event? I ask this as I think that it should be considered in conjunction with the mix of event lengths I'm suggesting. If only 10 pilots express interest in a large event, 25 in a medium event and 55 in a short event...I think they should all happen?

Realize that this is just me. I am going to start research on the Boeing 727-100 world promotional tour which occured in 1963 (getting the actually itinerary and such). This will garner little interest from most of our pilots (one classic aircraft, around the world) but...so what? If 5 people who love their 727's want to do it...is that a problem?

Also please realize that my questions, above, are just that...questions. They are not, in any way, meant to imply dissatisfaction or demands on my part. I have no idea what goes into an "event" and that is why I ask these questions.

Vic

"3 holers RULE!" :wink:
vic365
Multi Engine Pilot

Enjoyable meeting to listen to.

Postby AS-487 T. Headlam » 10 Jun 2009 06:02

Roy Having a spreadsheet for easy airline updates is a great idea.
Air Source is growing everday sir, Shouldn't be to hard to reach our goals.
Air-Source is represented in every flight community i'm in.

Tom Spreading ribbins is also a great ideas. I could not stop thanking you for Air Source & Thank you Mark, Roy & Norm, Andre for your future ideas and commitment. Booking flights ahead of schedule for a specific route is a splendid future update for the Source.

Roy Once again thank you for thinking about having a more get together enviroment for Air-Source which you experienced first hand.
AS-487 T. Headlam
Private Pilot

Return to General Discussions