ONLINE FLYING w/ AIR-SOURCE

General Discussions on anything! If you feel like chatting... hey post here!

ONLINE FLYING w/ AIR-SOURCE

Postby AS-487 T. Headlam » 04 May 2009 03:22

ONLINE FLYING w/ AIR-SOURCE is possible and to me is the next step Air-Source should think about. ala Server. My Air-Source yearly Union contribution would be definitely be more to help with cost.

But for now there is RWATC.
Fellas I'm seeing alot of people joining, even switching over from VATSIM.
VA's with there pilots switching and the grand opening is not even here yet.
There are even pilots here with Air-Source that flies with RWATC, but because of there VA which is with RWATC they don't use their ASO callsign.

Here is my first MP session ever and I loved it.
http://www.realworldatc.com/forums/view ... ?f=9&t=413

Everyday their is flyins or their are many times when I do Air-Source flights I would see other traffic along my path.
If you have no Teamspeak and ATC pops up, their is text communication.

So Brett company is always there my friend.
Plus get paid with Air-Source and RWATC.

AS-487 T. Headlam
Private Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Postby TheDude71 » 04 May 2009 06:19

T. I am all about group flying. I have been a huge fan VATSIM since day one, but as right now, I just got sick of it and have made the move over to UT with Radar Contact. I am more than willing to make the switch to RWATC. I am very interested in seeing how big the crowd will grow when it goes live to say.

But my thought right now is I would like to see some kind of monthly flyin with AS either on VATSIM or RWATC. I did get a reply saying they are working a few things out and are going to look into it. This is such a great VA with so many dedicated pilots, I think a good event would be a hit. Just look at the CWT.

Anyhow, I got teamspeak open and am in the pilot louge if you want to shoot the breeze.
TheDude71

Postby TheDude71 » 04 May 2009 06:48

Im on the RWATC TeamSpeak server. Tomorrow I will install RWATC, can't do it in flight. I already have a member ship, just need to install it. so if you read this tonigh, Im 650nm out of Vegas so I won't be on much longer, but can catch up with you soon.

8)
TheDude71

Postby AS-487 T. Headlam » 04 May 2009 12:14

I'll be on today Brett.
AS-487 T. Headlam
Private Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Postby TheDude71 » 05 May 2009 09:15

Tyrone,

I got RWATC up and running, was able to see you in KIAD. I coould not find a way to private chat like SB. Reading through the manual right now to see if I missed someithng. Maybe Teamspeak is the only way to chat, I don't know. But like I said, I got it and it works just fine. Had some help from Scott today, we discussed their SquawkRadar package. I used to use ProController, but when they moved to the other client for controlling, I hated it. so I am thinking about getting back into controlling. He showd me some of the in and outs of their radar client and seems pretty nice. So back to see if there is a private chat and one of these days we can do a flight together. I always like the company, don't need to talke every 5 minutes or anything, but it is nice to have someone close.....
TheDude71

Postby TheDude71 » 05 May 2009 10:17

Found it. I was using SB way (.msg callsign)...not the case here..

Player to player chat ??? You may send a private message to any player in the
game even if they are out of range of SquawkWin. If you wish to send a
message to a friend, type in ???.(Callsign) (message)??? This will send a private
message to that player. After that, you may select that player???s callsign out of
the drop down box in SquawkWin on the left side. EXAMPLE: . N912SM Hey,
I???m about to land in Phoenix. Where are you? The other player does not need
to be in your ???session??? only on the RealWorldATC server.
TheDude71

Return to General Discussions