? for those with CS C-130 and exp. pack (FS9)

General Discussions on anything! If you feel like chatting... hey post here!

? for those with CS C-130 and exp. pack (FS9)

Postby vic365 » 21 Mar 2009 23:45

I recently purchased the CS C-130 (I know...I swore I would never do that again...sigh!). I also bought the expansion pack which includes the LC-130 (Navy Polar) model. My question is that it (the Navy Polar) is not showing up in the ACE utility, so I can't turn off VC, select 2D views, set payload and fuel etc., etc.

Anybody else with this model LC-130 having the same issue or not?

I've posted to the CS forum...but if past experience is any clue...I'm more likely to win the Lotto than get a straight answer any time soon :roll:

I haven't even flown it yet and I'm already wondering if I should have stuck to my "never CS again" philosophy :evil:

Vic

vic365
Multi Engine Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Postby TheDude71 » 22 Mar 2009 18:38

Vic,

This is not going to help you but I too have the C130 exp pac bit it is not installed right now. I can't answer your question but feel the same way about CS as you do. I'm always let down. I got the CS 757 for the WCT and ended up kicking myself for "going back to CS". Anyhow, I have been putting a lot of time into FSX and tuneing my system for it with very good results. I am very close to sitting down and writing a quide for this forum on everything I have learned about tuning your system and a proper way to tune FSX. Once I'm done with that I would be more than happy to play with the c130 and help fiqure it out if you are still having probs with it. On an FSX note I have gotten it to where I'm getting FPM in the high 30's on the ground with high settings....more to come with that. Maybe if you still are having probs try to uninstall the CS product. Run a defrag of your drive and if you are running vista check out vista optimizer 09....great tool and then reinstall and defrag again. Kind of a pain but will work wonders. This kind of goes back to what I ment when I said "tuning my system". More to come on that also

Good luck.
TheDude71

Postby vic365 » 23 Mar 2009 04:21

TheDude71 wrote:Vic,

This is not going to help you but I too have the C130 exp pac bit it is not installed right now. I can't answer your question but feel the same way about CS as you do. I'm always let down. I got the CS 757 for the WCT and ended up kicking myself for "going back to CS". Anyhow, I have been putting a lot of time into FSX and tuneing my system for it with very good results. I am very close to sitting down and writing a quide for this forum on everything I have learned about tuning your system and a proper way to tune FSX. Once I'm done with that I would be more than happy to play with the c130 and help fiqure it out if you are still having probs with it. On an FSX note I have gotten it to where I'm getting FPM in the high 30's on the ground with high settings....more to come with that. Maybe if you still are having probs try to uninstall the CS product. Run a defrag of your drive and if you are running vista check out vista optimizer 09....great tool and then reinstall and defrag again. Kind of a pain but will work wonders. This kind of goes back to what I ment when I said "tuning my system". More to come on that also

Good luck.

Brett, after some more research, the C-130 problems are not my own...but yet another example of a company which CAN NOT complete a product before moving on to the next. After digging in their forums I have learned that the C-130 "Extra Pack" does not, and apparently never will, work with the ACE utility. There is no way to use the ACE utility for the "Extra Pak" aircraft...and never will be. CS admits this, OUT LOUD, once you dig deep enough. I will never be able to set "no VC", "2Dviews" payload or fuel using the ACE utility, for any of the "Extra Pack" aircraft. The answer to the entire problem, from the mouth of CS, is they "have stopped development of the Legendary C-130 and offer no support. Consider purchasing the C-130 for FSX". I'm not kidding. I cannot believe a company with this outlandish reputation continues to exist.

After having made that statement, I realize why they are still around. I SWORE I would never buy another CS product...and I wanted the C-130 bad enough that I did, anyway. I am, right now, bruised and battered from kicking myself in the #@$. I feel like a complete moron for not following my gut instincts...and I've developed good ones after all these years. What in the world made me think CaptainSim had changed??

I will say it, as a 3 time loser...NEVER BUY ANY CAPTAINSIM PRODUCT!!!
S-I-G-H! I feel only slightly better after that.

As far as your work on FSX, that's going to be very helpful to many, so keep up the research! I, however, think I have the last MSFS I will ever use...FS9...and that you are working with the last MSFS version we will ever see...FSX. I hope I'm wrong...but if I am I hope they (MS) realize that we are flight SIMULATION enthusiasts...not game eye candy enthusiasts. Don't give me prettier clouds...give me better performance!

OK...rant ended.

Vic

PS. NEVER BUY A CAPTAINSIM PRODUCT!!!!!!!!

vic365
Multi Engine Pilot

Postby TheDude71 » 23 Mar 2009 15:37

LOL...really I am. Need a hug from another arm chair pilot that got scammed by CS. I'm hear for ya. Don't beat yourself up, I did the same thing with their 757. Swore I would never buy and I did. Its an OCD that we all have. So now I got this POS that I will never use.
As to the FSX, it ate me up that I spent the money on it and don't run it. I built this machine with the intention of running it only to be dissapointed with the performance that I got, and knowing I should of be gettting better performance. So ya, lots of reading on many fronts, two more addons for FSX by Flight1..(GEX and UTX). So with my system specs that I feel many have, I am reaching that point of smoothness with almost maxxed out slidders. With that said, it gives me a sence of comfort knowing that atleast I am using this product that I spent money on and not letting it collect dust. And with that comment, my heart still lies with FS9. Beautiful performance on this end with a hickup or two but that is to be expected.

Anyhow, here is your hug buddy from another beat up CS buyer to another.... :P

Anyone reading this post, and are in the same place that I was or am with FSX, please give me a few weeks and I will lay out guide with a step by step pocess with pics and links that can get the most out or you system and FSX. One thing to remember is that their are alot of very savy computer folks that really know their stuff in this VA. I myself, am just a fireman/paramedic. So I'm hopeing that with what I lay out, someone can come in and even fine tune that. So my plan is to break it down and make it as simple as possible for some one with basic computer knowledge to get their system and FSX to a comfortable medium. Their is ALOT of information on the net on this very subject. Some for advance users and some for folks like myself, the ones that knows just enough to really hurt yourself. Make sence?

Hope the hug helped.... :wink:
TheDude71

Postby vic365 » 23 Mar 2009 20:06

Thanks...I needed that :wink:

Vic

vic365
Multi Engine Pilot

Postby TheDude71 » 23 Mar 2009 23:07

8)
TheDude71

Return to General Discussions