RealWorld ATC

General Discussions on anything! If you feel like chatting... hey post here!

Re: RealWorld ATC

Postby AS455 - Don » 31 Jul 2009 14:23

Hey Ed
Thanks for the RWATC comments and RWATC hasn't 'Officially' opened yet. RWATC plans to open in about a month. Stay tuned and I will make sure that the announcement is posted here. But, the RWATC (http://www.realworldatc.com/) website will be the official place to get the information.
I think we have 5-6 AirSource Pilots that fly with us currently. We get into TeamSpeak and have a great time flying and talking. The Teamspeak aspect seems to make the trip quicker and more fun.
Come on aboard and get help with your set-up, questions about flight planning, ATC procedures, joint flights, Air Traffic Controlling and aircraft capabilities. There are individuals within this community that are willing and able to help with your every need.
I still fly VATSIM periodically but I really like the personal aspect of flying and flying as a group of people that want to help and expand our hobby.
Come see what we are all about and you might like to stick around for the Grand Opening coming soon to your airport.
I fly with a group in the US and we get going about 0900 CST (Texas Time) and 1500 ZULU.
I have flown serveral of your ASHA Missions - Thank you for your time!
Don
Callsign: ASO455

AS455 - Don
Control Tower [Moderator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 455

Postby Leemazz » 05 Apr 2010 20:13

Just wondered what has happened to the link on the front page of Airsource to RWATC

Leemazz

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 06 Apr 2010 01:29

Leemazz wrote:Just wondered what has happened to the link on the front page of Airsource to RWATC

I kind of wondered the same thing (what happened to the AirSource links on the RWATC website?) So I quietly removed the links.

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 2] KMCO Orlando, Florida SKYPE:airsourceva
AirSource Pilot Number: 2

Postby vic365 » 06 Apr 2010 03:29

Ed...I think AirSource's association with RWATC may be dead? I don't even see it listed, as it used to be, on the front page of our website with a list of AS pilots flying.

To be honest, I've seen 3 or 4 of these online ATC's try and get a share of the Vatsim "pie" over the years, usually by advertising a friendlier atmosphere and a willingness to train and help you understand how to fly with online ATC. In truth I wish they had worked out...I keep looking for an online ATC that will have the patience to deal with a long time FS default ATC user like me :P . But I blame myself for their failures...I always mean to give it a try...but never do. The few experiences I've had with online ATC at Vatsim left me feeling like an ignorant outcast (the ignorant part would be true :wink: ). All the others are as you described...a barren wasteland with no controllers.

Over time I've just given up on online ATC. It seems I have enough on my FS plate, not to mention RW, that the extra load of trying to learn how to fly with it...without pissing off all those "expert" Vatsim pilots and controllers...is just not something I have a taste for, presently.

EDIT: Wow...did I not check dates before replying :roll:

vic365
Multi Engine Pilot

Postby AS 2 Tom Little » 06 Apr 2010 11:12

Oh and don't get me wrong, I still think RWATC is the best alternative to VATSIM and kudos to the folks over there!

AS 2 Tom Little
FAA [Administrator]

Location: [AirSource ID: AS 2] KMCO Orlando, Florida SKYPE:airsourceva
AirSource Pilot Number: 2

Postby AS-487 T. Headlam » 06 Apr 2010 14:44

AS 2 Tom Little wrote:
I kind of wondered the same thing (what happened to the AirSource links on the RWATC website?) So I quietly removed the links.

There Still there and strong. Still fly on there but seldom times. Even made a American Airlines Virtual
For their server but not published http://sites.google.com/site/aavirtualairlines/.
Don't make sense yet with just one pilot and it would have been simple.
Even went as far as contacting AA for certain I can and things I should not do.
It was only Don(ASO455) and I over there religiously untill Dons mishap with his computer.
With a few pop in from other AirSource members here and there.
But yes RWATC a great Alternative for a good get together or fly-in for a event.

Cheers!
AS-487 T. Headlam
Private Pilot

Postby Leemazz » 06 Apr 2010 17:13

I will use this site once i get more free time to use it . Im generally too busy painting when im flying so i use radar contact so i can minimize flightsim . I guess its the same kind of thing for a lot of people .... Time

Leemazz

Previous

Return to General Discussions