Please, I'm begging

General Discussions on anything! If you feel like chatting... hey post here!

Please, I'm begging

Postby bigrobmjca AS350 » 11 Feb 2009 00:47

I just crashed again in the 2nd leg of the world cargo tour. Within a mile of my destination. Before your desicision, please allow me to plead my case.

I am asking understanding and please allow me to priep the flight so I can be credited with the 5 hours that I have flown in a flight that has taken several days for a busy college student to get in. SBKP is a very small airport, I had one runway to choose. I am only able to land using ILS approaches straight in. I crashed. Pulled the nose back up and became airborne again. I finally nailed the landing but forgot to deploy the landing gear. Please allow me to priep this flight. I've got atleast 100 hours left to finish the world cargo tour and that's tough on a full time student who works 2 radio shows a week.

sincerely,

Bigrobmjca AS350
Last edited by bigrobmjca AS350 on 11 Feb 2009 00:54, edited 1 time in total.
bigrobmjca AS350

Postby bigrobmjca AS350 » 11 Feb 2009 00:48

No visual damage to the aircraft.
bigrobmjca AS350

Postby bigrobmjca AS350 » 11 Feb 2009 01:01

****! Wrong airport.

Come on, you gotta click this link. Describes my flight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzU9FgNTYrU
bigrobmjca AS350

Postby TheDude71 » 11 Feb 2009 04:59

AUTOSAVE AUTOSAVE AUTOSAVE AUTOSAVE.............

www.avsim.net

File: autosave.zip

And it might help to lower the gear!!! Sorry dude, you walked into that one!! :P :P :lol:
TheDude71

Postby bigrobmjca AS350 » 11 Feb 2009 18:45

Oh I knew about lowering the gear and all. It was a problem where I was doomed from the start. I selected the wrong aiport in the sim as the arrival. I think I went to SKBG instead of SBKP.
bigrobmjca AS350

Postby TheDude71 » 11 Feb 2009 20:44

Gotchya. Still check out the autosave if you don't already have it. Its a real nice .dll to have for any CTD or any other problems.
TheDude71

Postby as176andre » 12 Feb 2009 11:33

Check your realism settings, you may be over stressing the aircraft limits when extending gear and flaps or during you descend and approach. There are max speeds etc. for lowering gear and flaps, if you extend at too high speeds you over stress the aircraft and that will cause it to crash dependent on the realism settings, I suggest take crash settings off etc, and see if it happens again.

If it doesnt crash with crash detect off then you are over stressing the airframe in your approach.

as176andre
Control Tower [Moderator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Postby as176andre » 13 Feb 2009 20:20

Oh I Cant look at your video, so next possibility:

Are you using Real world weather? If so, is this what is happening:

500 to 300 feet above ground, getting close to touchdown, Airspeed is high and suddenly the A/C falls to the ground and you battle to steer, no effect on controls!

If Yes then you experience windsheer, nothing you can do in FS, in RW they will warn of winsheer and you will be ready to go-around at an instant.

as176andre

Postby Soundair » 14 Feb 2009 06:58

A Short story From the Real World of Aviation. Mid 70s in the Northwest A fresh Pilot Just hired on with Western Airlines First time out west planning to arrive at PDX 50 miles He was givin the 28L approch he started his descent approch was VFR he was not Familer withe the Portland Area He pops out of the overcast spots the Runway at Troutdale wich is in a East-West configeration mistakes that for the Much longer Runway at PDX 10 miles further west. Radios the Tower has runway in sight. the tower controller states he cant see the approching aircraft. pilot sayes he can see the runway and is on Short Final. Some He gets the loaded 727 on the runway and stopped with no Further problims. He than radios the tower and asks wher the heck is the gate. Troutdale dosent have any. The Passanger were unloade out the rear airstairs and loaded on school busses and were drivin the final 10 miles. It was determand that the runway was not long enough to fly out as is so the interror was stripped out and Un neesscery equipment removed to lighten the waight. Extra fuel pumped out to where just enough to get off the ground and to PDX. the plane bairly cleared the fince and the pilot followed the River so he dident have to climb to much. never heard if the Pilot contenued flying with Western. :shock:

Soundair
Student Pilot

Postby as176andre » 25 Feb 2009 17:54

Have you been able to sort out your issue, would love to know what was wrong?

as176andre

Postby bigrobmjca AS350 » 26 Feb 2009 15:33

I set destination for the wrong airport when I setup the flight plan in Flight Simulator,

bigrobmjca AS350
bigrobmjca AS350

Return to General Discussions