Your virtual Airline Resume

General Discussions on anything! If you feel like chatting... hey post here!

Postby Guest » 28 Jan 2009 19:07

Well, I started my career as vpilot in Delta Virtual at the Flying Tigers Group, then I??ve found other Delta Virtual (Deltava) and . I??ve found Air Source some months ago and I love it :)

Postby Soundair » 31 Jan 2009 06:20

If flown CP AIR out of Vancouver. Timberwolf Out of Prince Rupert Montana Air out of Missula MT. Blueline out of Lax. Freedomair Out of COS in Colorado. I also run my own Charter Outfit Soundair out of 2 basses in Washington Paine Fild and Arlington I do Helicopter ops Fire search and rescue medivac TVnews flights Firetankerops with a CL425 DC6 Grummen C1A Just purchesd a Pilutes PC-21 to use as a Lead in for the Firefighting. I also operate as a Delevery Pilot for verious people who purchase a aircraft and want it deleverd to there home airport.
Airsouce has allowed me to fly for a airline and be very flexable i can fly were i want whene i want.

Soundair
Student Pilot

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Postby kingsak » 06 Feb 2009 23:26

I've only been with VA's for 6-8 months and fly for
AirSoure - Like the variety and options
SimAirlines.net - About to dump
Max Freight - Orlando hub. Love it. Fly anywhere, anytime, any aircraft.
My main reason when I started looking for a VA was that FS98 was/is acceptable.
As far as fs98 scenery - If I can't find it, I make it!
Love 2 Fly and Fly 2 Love :P
kingsak

Postby TheDude71 » 15 Feb 2009 15:54

Interestiong thread...I had to go to Wiki MSFS and find the first FS I ever played with and the winner is FS3, 1988. Does anyone remember the "Compac" computer? It looked like a suitcase with a built in monitor. Anyhow, that was my first introduction to FS and the rest is history.

I played with the follow up's, but that was just about it, playing with them. Then in 2000 with the release of Flight Sim 2000 I started to get more serious. I remember prior to 2000 reading an artical in the paper about a guy that flew his FS for a virtual airline. I found this very interesting but never really followed up. With FS2K I started doing some internet surfing and stumbled upon a program called "Squawkbox". At first I had a hard time getting it set up right and figuring how to use it and get connected, (prior to DSL). I remember there wasn't much of an instruction packet for it, pretty much learn as you go. Once I got the hang of that, I was hooked. Became a member of SATCO, now VATSIM, and found the world of "Virtual Airlines".

My first VA was Southwest Virtual. And they are still around. Anyhow, I joined with the LAX hub and was introduced to Paul Biderman, my hub manager. Im sure some of you know him, (Jason) We became friends. Paul decided to creat his own VA and asked me to go with him. I excepted and we created "Simulated Southwest". With that, I was introduced to the inside of VA management. I was the Midwest hub manager and held a couple of other spots like events director. For some reason, this VA never really got off the ground, mabe to 10k feet but that was about it. Still haven't figured that one out, just the way it goes. If my memory serves me right I spent 3 years there. The got married, had kids and took a break for about 3 years. So, trying to do the math, VA's from 2000-2005, took a break until April of 2008, and got back into it with a new computer.....

Built a machine to run FSX (yea right) but ended up blowing the doors off FS9, not to mention all my addon's I still had.

Previous VA's:
Southwest Virtual,
Simulated Southwest,
FDX twice, can remember the first one, but the second one, well let's just say I don't fly for them anymore and leave it at that.
UPS twice, first one worked, but second go was the same as FDX.
COA, liked them, but finding time for two VA's just did not work for me, so I left my cargo va and commercial va and flew "freelance".

I had Servinfo open on night and click on and aircraft and noticed in his remarks he had www.air-source.us listed. I research it and found this has been what I was looking for, for along time. Something ran by adults and not confining, meaning having the ability to fly for multiable airlines. Not to mention the web site, very professional. So far I a very impressed with the staff and fellow pilots here. Really great buch of simmers!! I have really grown to love this place. Great forum, great flight schedules. Just the way you guys have set this VA up is very impressive. My hat is off to all the management, because I know how hard you guys work to offer what you offer to us.

So, that it pretty much, I have found a new home and plan of staying for along time, or atleast as long as you guys let me.... :shock:
TheDude71

Postby rabhaw » 15 Feb 2009 17:36

My first sim was a horrible little thing on a Commodore 64 maybe 1986. Then got an Atari ST and flew lots of missions in F16 Combat Pilot. Saw mention of a new GA sim, just before the Atari blew up. Turned out to be the birth Of FS. Took years to get a PC and started with FS98.

Been at it since, with a 4 year hiatus due to a move of home a a crap PC that wouldn't run FS2000
rabhaw

Postby ianbeggs » 28 Mar 2009 04:45

I started off at Virtual Air Canada, it was good but then quickly went downhill, no staff and lots of petty bickering's on the forums. I then went to United Virtual, I learned a lot but the checkrides eventually did me in, I must have done my Cat3 exam like 5 times and it got to the point where it just was not fun anymore, especially after greasing a few perfect landings just to have some dude that is probably at the same level as me (not a real pilot) picking everything apart. I then just bounced around from VA to VA for a bit, I was really looking for a VA that had some structure, but also flexibility. I wanted an acars system, and a wide variety of aircraft to choose from. I finally found AirSource on the Vatsim page, I don't know why I never saw it before, it has everything I want and need. I use Vatsim a lot, and even though I don't use my AirSource callsign I put he web address in the remarks section just to advertise. I think when people start to fly for VA they have it in there mind that they have to fly for a certain carrier, what they don't realize is that with AirSource you can do that and a lot more. And the airstocks is amazing!!!!
ianbeggs

Postby bruno » 07 Apr 2009 18:05

Just noticed, been here 7 years this month :shock:

First VA, seen nuthin' better, so got no reason to go elsewhere :)
bruno

Previous

Return to General Discussions