Flying lesson

General Discussions on anything! If you feel like chatting... hey post here!

Flying lesson

Postby Leemazz » 14 Nov 2008 20:14

Well today i had my first flying lesson in a Grob and oh boy what a lesson it was . I departed barton in Manchester at 13:50 and took control at 1600ft and flew to all places my house and then turned left and headed to Chorley . This is where the peaceful flight changed with hills below it was a battle to say the least and did brick myself for a minute . All in all though it was fantastic and hope to be back in the air in the spring . Here are some pics .
I sat in the Captains seat for some reason
My house more or less in the center of the shot
This is Watergrove res or Wardle res which is about 2 mile north of my house

Leemazz
Control Tower [Moderator]

AirSource Pilot Number: 0

Postby AS-487 T. Headlam » 14 Nov 2008 21:26

Congrats to you my friend. Thats a experience you will never forget. I still remember my first out of Farmingdale (KFRG) many years ago with a Cessna Skyhawk. I was the lucky one out three students to actually takeoff. Kind of panic though on takeoff, Couldn't see the prop anymore.
AS-487 T. Headlam
Private Pilot

Postby Leemazz » 14 Nov 2008 21:32

Lol its a great thing to do i recommend it but in good weather it was pretty tasty today in the UK the winds were a bit gusty for a light prop .

Its not how i would have thought though its very simple to fly and i was surprised how responsive the controls were .

Leemazz
Control Tower [Moderator]

Postby Soundair » 16 Nov 2008 03:03

:) Congrats on your first flight. the pic that says where your home is reminds me of a flight 15 years ago. I was leaving on vacation from San Francisco on aflight Here to Seattle on take off we flew over my naighbor hood i looked down and quickly found my Quadplex it was the onley building painted smurff Blue. stuckout like a sore thumb in a sea of terracota and adobe. :wink:

Soundair
Student Pilot

Return to General Discussions